Mesa Boogie MarkIIC+

• Hey guys,

As you know my amp is sick, and no time to go to the doctor... yesterday, symptoms disappeared during a small period (they reappeared since...), so I hurried up to make a Direct amp profile.

I still face the same profiling return level as described before (I mean -40db in the Behringer and Return level at +10db !), even with the Behringer DI, so I decided to make only -20db pad on the Behringer with a return level at -10db...

I added a Thumas TSM M7 merged cab to the Direct Amp profile (thanks Thumas ;)).

Could anyone try with a powerhead it through a guitar cab and tell how it is ? Very creamy tone, but you can get chunk quite easily...

Put the space at 6.2 in the output, take a headphone, and you have the Petrucci in the Live Scenes in New york live album, as is in this small audio test clip

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I re-uploaded the rig with a graphic eq to simulate the Boogie 5 band graphic eq

• Id be happy to try it out for you in a little bit. I dont have a real guitar cab anymore, so i cant test that way but ill give feedback on using the thumas merged cab.

The return level thing seems to be a more and more common issue - kemper inaccurately measuring the signal level, boosting it way too high, and profiling a clipping signal which obviously comes out like crap. Maybe some amps have random spikes or small frequencies with lots of amplitude.

Have you tried throwing a limiter between kemper and amp?

• Ok just tried it out. It sounds great!!! My other favorite profile by you is the "new2" one, but i think i tweaked it a bit to have the default amp parameters, which makes it more creamy and fat. This new profile sounds pretty much exactly the same, but some different frequncies are emphasized due to the different cab. Not sure which i like better. Both are outstanding. Thanks for sharing.

• I tried this last night through my NL12, which has an extended frequency response compared to typical guitar cabs. It sounded good with Cabs off, but due to the extended range, I'd be inclined to set up hi and lo pass filters. With Cabs on it was better, although Thumas' Cab seemed to hype the lows a little too much. Again, a low shelf EQ would do the trick. Nice job @djemass! I'll be checking out your other profiles now! Once I'm in a position to try them through my regular cabs, I'll post more feedback :)

• Hi, just checked it out. You know, i use your profiles since i got my kpa and love your petrucci tweaks.
    If i only use the new one over monitors at main outs it sounds great (after setting a noise gate ;) ). The thumas cab sim is also a good choice. So result: Great!

Next check was monitor out into my linear power amp and then into a mesa boogie 2x12 V 30 celestion slant real cab, cab sim off.
    It's normal, i think, that you can't get the same sound as you got from studio monitors, so i have to tweak the monitor eq.
    Here are the settings for the celestions v 30: Bass +3,1 , Middle - 4,9 , Treble -1,3, Presence + 3,8.

I don't care for the Space level, because you can't hear a massive difference between 6,2 or my 2,1 standard setting when you use a real cab (imho).

So finally i must say it's a typical djemass profile, powerful, high quality and very useful for Petrucci sounds. Good job.

At this time i am also noodling around with thumas tsm M7 merged profile and the great new Mark V 25 Profiles from Guido.
    Pur fun. Here's a small example . I think you remind the violin effects..... :D They are from your settings.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sorry, some harsh hight's in it, but it's my shitty laptop soundcard. I have to buy an exernal one which is better.

cheers
    Frank

• A quick tune with this cool profile.
    First a little of eddies sound with reverb, delay and a hyper horus. Next part is the neck pu with a delay and a little ;) wah.
    The rest : Backing is the pure profile, jam over it is the singing neck of the music man petrucci bfr 6.

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/O19OzZA.jpg]

• NEW : 02-05-16 !!New Direct amp in the Rig Exchange profile Still the same CAB but tweaked to earmatch the new video of Petrucci while testing his new JP-2C signature amp !!

Enjoy !!

• NEW : 02-05-16 !!New Direct amp in the Rig Exchange profile Still the same CAB but tweaked to earmatch the new video of Petrucci while testing his new JP-2C signature amp !!

Enjoy !!

Sounds great!!! Thanks!