Kemper as IR loader for tube amp + load box

• Hi guys,

I have several awesome tube amps, a Suhr reactive load, a Torpedo VM-202 (IR loader only) and a Kemper.
    If I could use the Kemper successfully as an IR loader (amp switched of and CAB loaded with an IR made with cabmaker software), I could sell my Torpedo.

Did you already tried such a setup? If so, which input did you use (line level, symmetrical)?

• The Cab Maker is a little bit inaccurate when converting .wav IRs to .kipr.

It is my wish that the Cab Maker was revised since there are hundreds of great IRs that are done in a professional manner and to every taste. The number of Kemper cabs is limited in both quantity and variety compared to impulse responses available.

Making a direct profile is easy and inexpensive compared to making a great cabinet IR (or Kemper cab) with professional equipment. Using direct profiles (or loaded amp in your case) and IRs would give KPA a lot more flexibility. The usage of impulse responses is growing due to the new guitar gear that allows using IRs (Line6 Helix for example).

Here is my test:

Match EQ cabinet test: .WAVs vs. .KIPRs

• I agree that a profile is certainly the best way to go here - profile it and you're done, and you can set it up with any cab you want.

However, that said, you can certainly feed the front end with a send from your amp. You would still need some sort of load box, which the Two Notes handles beautifully. If you want to use some of the Kemper's stomps, you could put a loop (probably a distortion loop, but a standard loop might work, best to experiment) in Stomp D, to the front of your amp, then back in, probably via the Reactive Load. You just want to keep an eye on your levels so you're not introducing a bunch of noise or overdriving the circuit.

And, with that said as well... I would hang on to your Two Notes. They are exceptional boxes. I've seen people use their Kempers into a Torpedo, bypassing the cab block altogether, and it sounded great. However, the choice is up to you. The easiest way of handling this would be to profile your amp, and then you have everything in one box.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Quote from the OP:

"I have several awesome tube amps, a Suhr reactive load, a Torpedo VM-202 (IR loader only) and a Kemper.If I could use the Kemper successfully as an IR loader (amp switched of and CAB loaded with an IR made with cabmaker software), I could sell my Torpedo."

• Just out of curiosity: Why don't you profile your amps and be done with it?

I'll profile the amp for sure, but at home I can't turn the amp loud enough to get a great recording tone and my room doesn't sound that great.
    I would use setup to find the amp sweet spot, great matching cab and mics, and profile it later in a professional studio.

But it looks like I have to keep the Torpedo for that job.