Multi-string tuner!

• I just sold my Polytune, to make some money for other GAS related purchases, but the convenience of the Polytune is really unmatched.

With the Kemper tending towards becoming (kinda) an all-in-one solution for some of us, a multi-string tuner like the Polytune would be a fantastic addition!

• I use my Peterson tuner, because I have Buzz Feiten tunings on my Anderson guitars, and its also nice for tempered tunings on Accoustics. I also use it on my Mandolin and Dobro.
    I have seen glimts of strobotuner on the Kemper!! hope you can adjust cents so I can get rid of one more component!

• I had a PolyTune in the effects loop for some time, but after all i didn´t use the the polyphone feature that much.
    But as an option in the tuner menu, it would be a very nice feature.

So +1 on that!

• I'd love to be able to strum all 6 strings and tune them at the same time on the Kemper. Maybe there is a licensing/copyright/intellectual property issue related to this, or not enough people have requested this, or some other reason which is why Kemper hasn't offered this feature?

• I'd love to be able to strum all 6 strings and tune them at the same time on the Kemper. Maybe there is a licensing/copyright/intellectual property issue related to this, or not enough people have requested this, or some other reason which is why Kemper hasn't offered this feature?

I believe I've seen once someone asking about polytune. I had a tc polytune and I never used it on that mode. It didn't work for me. If you tune light no problem but if you're heavy hitter and trying to get a constant hit for tuning poly...it didn't work at all for me at least. I can't speak for others though.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I believe I've seen once someone asking about polytune. I had a tc polytune and I never used it on that mode. It didn't work for me. If you tune light no problem but if you're heavy hitter and trying to get a constant hit for tuning poly...it didn't work at all for me at least. I can't speak for others though.

I downloaded Polytune phone app before buying the pedal. It was a novelty for me and in the end I saved myself some money by trying it first.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I found the polyphonic tuning on the Polytune garbage. I wouldn't have trusted it live ever. No idea why it works for some but not at all for me but there you have it!

• Well it works fine on the app, but personally I can only tune one string at a time and considered it a gimmick. Maybe others find it more useful?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Interesting to know I wasn't the only one. Tuning one string at a time is still the best. The idea was better than in reality, e,g, like Gibsons robot tuning system.

Henry David Thoreau

• The best thing I did for tuning in recent years was to get and Evertune equipped guitar. It is hard to play anything else now.

I've got my second one a week ago. Yes something feels wrong even though it's not when I play on the other one's with a TOM bridge and a Ibanez floating trem. Nothing is acually wrong. They have a good setup and intonation. But ones you go evertune...need I say more?

Henry David Thoreau

• i admit I have never tried a polyphonic tuner but I can’t see the point of them as I only have one hand available to tune with anyway

I was going to make this point earlier, Alan, so I agree 100%.

Since when does anyone use two hands to adjust his tuning pegs / machine heads / fine-tuning screws on a locking trem? One hand to pick the string, the other to tune.

IMHO, unless I'm missing something obvious, it's an innovation driven by the old "because we can" philosophy and not one borne out of necessity.

• i admit I have never tried a polyphonic tuner but I can’t see the point of them as I only have one hand available to tune with anyway. Am I missing something really obvious?

No you don't. When I had one and tried polytune the guitar the tuner said all six strings was in tune. But when I played the guitar(s) it wasn't in tune very well.

Henry David Thoreau

• I for one have the polytune pedal always connected and mounted on my rack.

• Hardly ever use the poly feature
    • use it as have it lying round and its buffer was quite good when I used it with my amps.
    • I prefer it than the kemper tuner as my eyes are not as good as they used to be, so find it easier than LCD

- Too Many Synths and Way too Many Guitars :rolleyes:

• I for one have the polytune pedal always connected and mounted on my rack.

• Hardly ever use the poly feature
    • use it as have it lying round and its buffer was quite good when I used it with my amps.
    • I prefer it than the kemper tuner as my eyes are not as good as they used to be, so find it easier than LCD

You know they have updated the tuner with bigger size on the left now? I didn't like the small ones either. I need reading glasses when I read.

Henry David Thoreau

• i admit I have never tried a polyphonic tuner but I can’t see the point of them as I only have one hand available to tune with anyway. Am I missing something really obvious?

The idea is you strum all six strings simultaneously and the display shows which are in tune and which aren't. You then pluck the offending strings individually and the tuner automatically reverts the a good quality chromatic tuner. Thus it saves having to check each string individually, to find if any are out. If none or only a couple of strings are out, it's convenient and saves a small but measurable amount of time. It's a sound idea.

But it doesn't work.