A dry guitar track for our tests

• As one of those who had been asking after this for ages I want to thank OP for doing this.

Only when anotother user helped me out with a wet and dry track and a profile we both owned was I able to see for sure my unit wasn't producing the same wet signal when re-amped in Protools. This lead, after some head scrathcing, to my reflashing the unit completely and getting the missing 20-30% of the tone I was missing to that point.

Hopefully it will be as helpful to other users with problems.

Might be even better if OP could post a re-amped clip of a clean and hi-gain of one of the better factory rigs in this thread to make that kind of easy comparrison. Appreciate that may not help the solely live player but for use in the studio it was definately very helpful to me.

• Thanks Duncan,
    being able to compare "apples with apples" was indeed the reason why I posted this.
    OTOH, the last part of your comment kind of defeats my purpose! ;)
    Since my Profiler's sound is no standard, anyone now can post anything. What about you beginning a tradition? I guess many would follow X)
    This thread might become the default rigs and hardware comparison place :)

• Well Skoczy, I think the real value of what Gianfranco has done is to provide a reference DI signal that we can use in troubleshooting.

If, say, somebody claims his / her unit "sounds funny" in some way or another, both he / she and we can pop this file through our Kempers to see if the issue manifests on both ends. If the Rig in question isn't on the exchange or a factory one (home-made, for example), it can be shared via attachment or placed in the exchange so we can all use the same signal as well as Rig. This ought to help very much in exposing (or otherwise) noise / glitch / hiss / scratchiness / volume / tone or response issues.

This was the general idea back when we discussed it last year, IIRC; I was keen for this to happen both for this reason as well as for general tweaking / auditioning without having to play.

• What M-M said :)

Feel free to post something reamped through a factory rig so we can calibrate ;)

As for the file... sorry, I've got it since so long ago that I keep no memory of its origin :wacko:

:)

• Brother SinMan, you've missed the point of the thread, matey.

being able to compare "apples with apples" was indeed the reason why I posted this

Well Skoczy, I think the real value of what Gianfranco has done is to provide a reference DI signal that we can use in troubleshooting.

If, say, somebody claims his / her unit "sounds funny" in some way or another, both he / she and we can pop this file through our Kempers to see if the issue manifests on both ends. If the Rig in question isn't on the exchange or a factory one (home-made, for example), it can be shared via attachment or placed in the exchange so we can all use the same signal as well as Rig. This ought to help very much in exposing (or otherwise) noise / glitch / hiss / scratchiness / volume / tone or response issues.

This was the general idea back when we discussed it last year, IIRC; I was keen for this to happen both for this reason as well as for general tweaking / auditioning without having to play.

What M-M said

Hopefully this helps, mate.

• Gianfranco left the forum a few years ago, dB, but I'm sure he'd appreciate the compliment. In fact, he has no idea of the origin of the clip:

As for the file... sorry, I've got it since so long ago that I keep no memory of its origin :wacko:

• One of the nicest doods that i ever met...All as he did was help you out man.

Despite him leaving here, He is still in regular contact with some kemperites

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.