Near Death Experience

• I was at rehearsal yesterday and intended to try a few newly downloaded profiles to see if some could fit in our mix. My KPA-rack is placed on top of two 4x12 boxes so I guess at around 1.70 meters height. This due to ease of connection and also because I like to have all buttons right in front of me and see what is going on.

So, while checking the profiles, I was walking around to hear how the sound was in various spots of the place and suddenly stumbled over my guitar cable. The KPA was pulled down from the box litterally falling down on its face (with the buttons side directly on the floor).

This was the moment when my heart stopped beating until I managed to recover from the first shock, put the KPA back on its place, connect again the cables, and discover that all was still working well and the KPA didn't habe even one small scratch!

I mean, this thing fell down on its face from 1.70 meters and everything is still looking and working flawlessly!!

Of course I made some thoughts thereafter, and now I fixed the KPA with some spare cables to the box, so that it is not possible anymore to pull it down. The KPA is so damn light, with my tube amps of about 23 kg weight, the cable would be simply pulled out of the connection and nothing more. Less weight seems not to be always helpful :D.

Anyway, with my story, I also wanted to show that the KPA is really a really well built piece of gear, so thanks to the company for this! And maybe some of you kemperites may want to consider fixing the KPA in order to avoid such a horrible experience.

Cheers

• And maybe some of you kemperites may want to consider fixing the KPA in order to avoid such a horrible experience.

Cheers

Since I put a Power amp in the back (Ambrosi ATM-70) my Kemper is just heavy enough to avoid this kind of situation to happen. Before the Ambrosi I used some velcro to secure my Kemper to the cab.

• good you get out of it with no harm for you and stuff.

this teaches you a lesson that I learned back then: to become a guitar tech of my self and to not give anything for granted. if you know a pro guitar tech of the great guitars, they do the things so that guitar player won't even have to worry about anything but playing.

I learned this and from back then on I always act like this: all I have to think is play and all the reast has to be get rid of...even at rehearsals. so no cables, stomps, unstable guitars stands, and so on. always think at the worst case scenario. I know it might sound too picky, but if you think about the fact that the kemper fall you had coudl cost you a new 1500 dollars purchase, nothing will ever be too picky ;)

regards

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Dag! Good to hear it survived, sorry it gave you palpitations! I usually run a strap over mine just for peace of mind. Never know if (when?) the sound guy is gunna yank cables. A wireless keeps me out of the equation, otherwise I would have dragged it around more than once I'm sure!

Learn to Swim

• I can one up you with my experience. I was going to rehearsal and had my Kemper on my shoulder in the padded Kemper bag. I didn't have the strap crossed over my chest. Just on one shoulder. I was also carrying a double guitar gig bag at the same time. I got to the stair case (about a 15 foot long stretch of concrete stairs going down to the basement) and the strap slipped off my shoulder and the Kemper tumbled all the way down the stairs. I figured my Kemper was toast and heart was pounding. I got into my rehearsal space and opened up the bag. No visible damage except for a tiny little scratch in the paint on the upper right corner from where the Kemper contacted the internal metal zipper of the bag which contains the foam padding insert. I quickly plugged in the Kemper and it booted right up. No problems at all. Definately recommend the Kemper bag. It does it's job and does it well. I also learned my lesson and never carry it without the strap crossing my chest now for added security. I should add that my Kemper also has a Camplifier 2:90 installed in the back as well and that survived unscathed as well. MAN WAS I LUCKY!!!! =O