Correct settings for guitar cabinet use

• I just recently started to use a guitar cab again with my Kemper Power-Toaster. I had been using in ear all the time with the Kemper. It's the first time I use a guitar cabinet with it.

I attached a 2x12 Engl cabinet, 16 Ohm.

I have a few questions about correct settings for guitar cabs:

• Power out put: How to use the various volume options? What are good/bad settings?

• Rig volume (I use this only to level different rigs)
      • Main volume for XLR to FoH(I uncoupled this from the master volume button)
      • Monitor volume
      • Power amp volume
      • Master volume (I change the volume of the guitar cab with it...not the main/FoH volume)
    • Cab off/Cab on and studio vs. merged profiles

• One should switch of the cab simulation when using a guitar cab...right?
        I dialed in a killer sound and then later figured out that I still had the cab simulation on....that should have sounded aweful...right?
      • How do merged profiles change this? Is the cab sim part automatically switched off when using a guitar cab connected to the power amp?

I had been using in ear all the time with the Kemper. It's the first time I use a guitar cabinet with it.

What profiles do I use? Guidorists Marshall 800 and MesaBoogie Profiles and have no idea if they are studio or merged ones.

• Guido's profiles are all studio profiles, but don't sweat it. Try them with Cabs on and Cabs off, use the setting that sounds best. Then tweak the output EQ until it's sounding right.