Any authentic awesome AC/DC profiles?

• Yes with some settings of the Grafhic EQ before the amp-stack:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Agree with all the above , JTM45 by top Jimi is one of my fav. I'm with Paul about getting the right intentions in you playing as the most critical factor ( like 3 stings chords with as a many open strings possible, and Angus specific vibrato and bends ).

My reference tones are the ones from the ballbreaker album

I've also got a couple of free Angus rigs on rig EX check for : Marshall jtm30 Angus

my hollowbody pack as also a specific Malcolm rig but it's tailored for semi hollows (check the intro chords for Malcolm clips).

good luck in your tone quest !

Renaud

• Yeah Acy is the first step to get really close to acdc tones.Every serious guitar player tried at least once in the life to get that tone! :)
    I dont know how many of them got the tone.Everyone interested know the theory about it but practice is different! I got Acy s pack in december and i played his rigs with all my guitars.I can tell you that only a few of them get me to the acdc tone!Very strange but the best one is an esp vintage plus with stock (very bright) pickups !

• This guy has it figured out? Not sure how it would translate through a Kemper.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This guy has it figured out? Not sure how it would translate through a Kemper.

Remember: it's totally clean!
    :D

• I received my AGL Bloody Rocka profiles today! I will vouch for the AC/DC tone, nailed it today. Having a top time playing along to Hells Bells! Great work Acy.

Edited once, last by d7mcfc ().

• Sorry waraba, just tried your Angus hint and checked the rigs from rm. Are they tweaked for live with special eqipment? I just tested them by double click and i have connected my kpa to two krk rp6 g3 monitors. Cant hear some real clear ac dc sound right out of the box. Both rigs a sounding as you have a wool plate over the monitors. Without tweaking they are not useable.
    Tried them with a les paul and also with my jem. Do you have a special hint for me? When i load a rig from djemas, i dont have to tweak and they are soundig great over the monitors. It a big difference between the cleasrness.

cheers
    Frank

• Hello Frank, they were build using some classic PAF or duncans SH5 on classic luthery as well, monitoring is done on Yamaha HS7 or HS80. Big difference from the JEM , for sure ! I'm more surprised by the Les Paul test, what pickups do you have on this one ?

Best hint I can give is to setup the gain first , up or down to the one you want to get , Then adjust the definition to a point it's bright enough. If it's still lacking clarity, then add ... clarity , but bit by bit.

My profiles are somewhat dark, and the old ones from the rig ex. were done with older firmware & profiling methods,I have much better results with the new ones. You should try the ones I put on the rig exchange ( ATM.JB.drive.chordal) from my hollow body pack, they have a more bright side on 'em.

You should like the 'lead chordal' as well, but it has much more gain and compression, like the ones from my friend Djemass. Hi gain is NOT ACDC , like the guy told us in the vid above , or just by lookin at ACDC profiles by ACY ( just check the level of gain in the pic from the rig manager in ACY's vid above)

let me know !

• Hi waraba, thx for the quick response. You maybe right with the jem. I have the evolution pick up in...
    The les paul has 57'classic pu's.
    I try again and report later.

cheers
    Frank

It will translate very well! As I mentioned earlier always use a good CLEAN jtm45 profile of your choice then crank the gain.

• Hi waraba, thx for the quick response. You maybe right with the jem. I have the evolution pick up in...
    The les paul has 57'classic pu's.
    I try again and report later.

cheers
    Frank

Ah sorry waraba, but the rigs are not my cup of tea. To much to tweak and no real punch behind them. I checked nearly every parameter and tried to tweak as you have written, not with a really wooohh result. BTW you set dist sense to 5.1 in one angus rig and the led is clipping from the beginning. So first i lowered the output at the cab.
    The atm chordal has a dist sence to -1,5 and i wonder why you set the amp volume to -9,2. Is it because you have profiled completely loud and overdriven?
    The sounds have all much mids and i prefer to scoope the mids a little. I compared to one of guidos low gain mark V 25 profiles, it takes a minute to get a good ac dc sound out of them with low gain and there are no parameter settings in it that i dont understand. I think its a big difference in the profiling method. Whatever, i go on to ckeck out your profiles, the djemass tweaked one is very useable for me.

cheers
    Frank

• no pb Dave, that's what demo rigs are useful for, testing with your own gear, if you get instant fab results , then go for it ! I insist on the guitar matching because I strongly believe the best alchemy is done with a guitar suited to a certain context, the JEM is an overkill guitar to play ACDC to me !

• External Content youtu.be

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• no pb Dave, that's what demo rigs are useful for, testing with your own gear, if you get instant fab results , then go for it ! I insist on the guitar matching because I strongly believe the best alchemy is done with a guitar suited to a certain context, the JEM is an overkill guitar to play ACDC to me !

Hi Frank here not Dave ;)
    You are right, the jem is overkill for ac dc but i am very surprised what happend. I tried the chordal rig with my petrucci jp6 and changed the eq a little and the amp parameters. It works fine with gain on 3,9. I had reduced the bass and the mids a little and setted the definition to 7 no power sag, clasrity to 3,7 and cab character to zero. Thats cool. AC DC out of the pertrucci, i like it. :thumbup:

cheers
    Frank

and............