Tone Chasing..................

• Chasing the tone for Stevie Nick's Edge of Seventeen but just can't seem to grasp what's going on. It's the main pulsing rhythm guitar that is dominant throughout the track. I've been playing around with a bit of slap delay, some compression and both phasers and flangers, but just can't nail the tone. Even choosing the amp profile to begin with is proving tricky. Can anyone with better ears than me give me a starting point? We're supposed to be playing this at next rehearsal, but my sound is just shite at the moment, lol :D

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Palm muting is in place, and I think my technique is pretty much there. I have been rocking back and forth through different amounts of gain, and have gotten a little closer. I used one of the Two Rock profiles, and it helped, although I'm still a little way off. I introduced my H9 into the equation, on Flanger duties, and that seemed to contribute too. I'm off to bed now, but shall try your chorus/micro pitch suggestion tomorrow. Thanks :)