cannot connect my kpa with the pc - SOLVED

• hi all. I have been trying to use RM with my kemper (lunchbox) today but nothing happened.

RM doesn't see the kpa but I realize the laptop doesn't see the kemper since when I connect the usb cable there is no sound of 'device connected'.

can you help me out with this? I'm in the studio and need to test try several sound and wouldn't like to use the usb memory. I will as an extreme measure but need anyways to get RM and the kpa working.

are there some usb drivers or else I need to re install? do they come with the RM installation?

I have win 7 64 bit, latest RM and latest kpa FW release

thanks

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• just for information, this is not the first time I have used the RM with a previous FW and previous RM everything was working just fine

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• hi wingman and thanks for your quick reply....no didn't do because I always did it just by overwriting past installation and it did work perfectly. I'll try uninstalling everything and do a fresh install. doing it now...what I don't understand is the fact that the pc doesn't recongnize the kemper when plugging it in...

• so solution would be back up your RM data
    uninstall all versions of RM
    and reinstall latest version
    check if the latest version run on your OS
    before you install

• did it just now: no results.

I unistalled all version of rm on my pc but strange thing when installed it again I found the same profiles number as before. I thought I had to put them back again so I did a back up but there are still there.

overall I guess the issue is in the kemper not been recognize by the pc. when I connect it, without RM, there is no sound tipical of connecting a usb thing or similar. so I guess if the pc doesn't see the kemper so the rm won't...

might be a dumb question: is there an usb activating function in the kpa added with the latest release?

• As far as I'm aware the KPA should just 'see' RM manager when installed, nothing to 'activate'. I'm running Win 7 64bit too. Have you tried changing USB cable & trying other USB ports on PC?

• yep, two different cables (both working ok with other devices) and three different usb ports (all working ok with normal usb memories)....going desperate now!

• strange
    maybe try to use an usb hub
    or check in the bios if usb is unable
    but i still think its more an software problem
    maybe try to manually uninstall RM and do a search after that
    with kemper and Rigmanager in it
    and eliminate all you find which is in relation to RM

i know this crazy things on PC thats the reason
    i changed to mac
    no trouble since then :thumbup:

• while trying to sort the thing out I saw a strange thing on the kpa: the screen glows a bit and it does it when I connect the usb cable on the kemper no matter if the cable is connected to a pc. is this normal?

• Nope not normal. Possibly a stupid question but you are connecting to the USB port on the back of KPA and not mistakenly plugging into the Network cable socket? Its easy to make a mistake as they are right next to each other. Plugging into Network socket will cause the KPA screen to glow (pulse)

Edited 3 times, last by Wingman ().

• Check out the Windows device manager (Control panel -> System -> Device Manager). See if there's any missing drivers (yellow exclamation mark). If there is, right-click and uninstall them. The use "Action -> Scan Hardware Changes".

BTW Kemper should show under "Sound, video and game controllers".

• Hi Michael, some checkpoints, may stupid questions:
    Do you use the right input of the kpa with the right cable? Next is to uninstall all old versions of rm. Next is to check the identity name on koa side and on rm side. If they are different, you cant see the kpa device in rm. I have done a failure a year ago. I tried to connect the koa from the usb port of the kpa
    to the usb port of my laptop with a normal usb cabel. This dont work. Also the cat 5 port of the kpa ( for connecting the temote) dont work.
    cheers
    Frank

• guys...thanks to all for your help. but you are sharing your help with a stupid, which is me: wingman was right, the wrong port. I did plug the usb on the rj45. no wonder why it was so loosen.

sorry I did bother all of you with my absurdities

right now the kpa is loading the profiles right to the rm which is working just perfectly...

I will edit the title with the word edit

• guys...thanks to all for your help. but you are sharing your help with a stupid, which is me: wingman was right, the wrong port. I did plug the usb on the rj45. no wonder why it was so loosen.

You a not the one and only . Also I had one sleepless night for it :D