RE just reached 9000. Almost...

• You need to see that Profiles also can be set to "private". This way, only your account (and your Rig Manager) can see those. If you've uploaded "private" Rigs, you have a higher rig count than others.
    Also, we had once removed about 250 Rigs because they were ripped and relabelled Rigs from others.

• I had meant to start a thread about this, but this seems closely-related enough to be relevant. The question I have is, "What can be done to discourage folks from removing uploads altogether?". I'm not talking about updating with newer versions - just deletion altogether of Rigs that folks might've relied upon without copying (silly!), or more relevant still, ones that are yet to be "discovered" by all and sundry.

nothing really can be done. everybody uploading should have the freedom to remove the upload again. after all, it is his/her creation. what i don't necessarily understand is why this matters at all. we have 7k worth of rigs. that should be enough for everybody. if you feel that you don't want to miss out on a single rigs, make backups as frequently as you feel like doing so.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I kept a "RE local" folder for a while - but the number of rigs (both on the RE and commercial ones) has become so incredibly large that I don't care anymore.
    There are more awesome rigs available than I could ever make use of while I am still alive on this planet.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I kept a "RE local" folder for a while - but the number of rigs (both on the RE and commercial ones) has become so incredibly large that I don't care anymore.
    There are more awesome rigs available than I could ever make use of while I am still alive on this planet.

Haha, same here! ;)

• You need to see that Profiles also can be set to "private". This way, only your account (and your Rig Manager) can see those. If you've uploaded "private" Rigs, you have a higher rig count than others.
    Also, we had once removed about 250 Rigs because they were ripped and relabelled Rigs from others.

Thank you, Timo.

nothing really can be done. everybody uploading should have the freedom to remove the upload again. after all, it is his/her creation. what i don't necessarily understand is why this matters at all. we have 7k worth of rigs. that should be enough for everybody. if you feel that you don't want to miss out on a single rigs, make backups as frequently as you feel like doing so.

I agree about the freedom thing, G String; all I'm saying is that I wish folks would leave 'em up there unless updating them. I realise nothing can be done, but we could agree on a community "etiquette" as far as this is concerned, IMHO.

I realise it sounds greedy, but bear in mind I mentioned this in the context of the total Rig-count's growth rate, which after all is the subject of this thread. I s'pose I was wondering out 'loud how high said count would be now if it weren't for the deletions.

It's all good, esteemed Kemperites. I was also looking at it from the point of view of being even more attractive to potential buyers. 10 000 free Rigs looks better than 7000 on paper, if you know what I mean.

• Well, here we go again. See what I mean? Back down to 6997 today and I had 7035 last night.

So, more than 2 weeks after our 7000th birthday, we're back below the landmark again, at least down here in Jungleville.

Sorry. This doesn't seem to bother anyone else, but for me it's funny and frustrating at the same time.

EDIT: This figure includes the 12 rigs uploaded yesterday.

• Why frustrating Nicky? Are you sure we need more profiles? :)

"... and The Greatest of All conquered Nations after Nations
    When he found himself in front of the sea he felt like an @##hole
    Because there was nothing more to conquer
    And such a long way just to face a desperate sun
    Always the same, the same as when he had started it..."

:)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A notable user removed a number of rigs because of a tagging issue that was not his fault. I'm sure you will see it get back over 7k soon :)

• Please Kemper-Rigs-Downloaders. Always vote if you have downloaded (and tested) a rig from Rig-Exchange.
    There are always only a handful of voters and i'm shure that there a hundreds of downloads per Rig.
    Now with 7.000 of sounds it would be easier to get the most liked sound. There are really good ones
    but they have only a few votes, like the bad ones.
    So, please respect the maker of good profiles and give them votes. I think handling will be easier and
    i can can rid of bad rigs faster.
    I know opinions and therefore votings are subjective but if a Marshall Plexi of User X has 100 Votes
    and Marshall Plexi of User Y only 3, which profile will be your prefered download...?

• I don't use RigExchange, I use RigManager - just don't undestand why one should download file from RigExchange to vote....

• I don't use RigExchange, I use RigManager - just don't undestand why one should download file from RigExchange to vote....

?( RigManager connects to RigExchange > Voting with number of stars on RigManager updates to RigExchange = Yes :thumbup: I hope..................

• Can you vote with RigManager? The stars are greyed out.

Sad, but true. Really too complicated to go to RE and vote there while you can preview all of 'em in RM.
    This needs to be added ASAP

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Well, are you guys of course previewing the rig you're trying\willing to vote? You can't do it directly on the RE (through RM): the database wants to be sure you have at least loaded it onto your machine.

HTH

• Well, are you guys of course previewing the rig you're trying\willing to vote? You can't do it directly on the RE (through RM): the database wants to be sure you have at least loaded it onto your machine.

HTH

No preview here. I have 10.000 rigs and cannot vote in RM, only in RE after -- and here you are correct -- downloading, but i have downloaded 10K of rigs,
    they are on my machine and still cannot vote. it is correct what @skoczy said.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• There's definitely some gold hidden in the RE, but you have to do a lot of digging. I'd love to see a setup similar to what Bias does on the ipad - click to preview, comments section, rating - it's very slick, highly functional, and saves a lot of time.

As noted above, there's not a lot/any feedback for the vast majority of profiles on RE. Some of my favorite profiles have no rating, I found them through random luck - so now I feel I 'have' to 'mine' through the whole lot! (Don't want to miss any gold....)

A couple of thoughts...

1. Given that profiles are such small files, it would be great to have the option to zip up the whole lot (or make a filtered zip - i.e. take everything from date X to date Y).

2. A "go to page" option would be helpful. I've been going in date order from page 1. Unfortunately, I actually have to do some real work from time to time, and when I come back to the computer it has automatically logged me out of the RE (even though I'm still logged into the kemper site) - which means I have to go through the very tedious process of clicking to the page I was up to (once I got to 100 and got logged out, I gave up and started from the last page!). Annoying