2 Kemper At Same Time Latency Problem

• Hi Friends,

Today I have received my second Kemper and I connected at once with the scheme that I spend Paults to use at same time to one Mesa Boogie 4x12 Cabinet.

Connect guitar to KPA1

Connect Direct Out of KPA1 to Input of KPA2

Connect Monitor Out of KPA1 to AUX IN of KPA2

Connect Amplifier Out of KPA1 to Mesa cabinet

Connect Amplifier Out of KPA2 to Mesa cabinet

I have latency between 2 amps and chorus effect. It even seems to be out of phase with each other (the bass frecuency disappears) .He pressed the button constant latency and it seems the bass frequency come back again but still have latency. Anyone know how to fix it?

[Blocked Image: http://i65.tinypic.com/110ets4.jpg]

Edited 2 times, last by JH-2 ().

• Both Profilers must be set to constant latency. And you need to mix them outside, you can't patch one through the other and expect to have the same latency.

• Both Profilers must be set to constant latency. And you need to mix them outside, you can't patch one through the other and expect to have the same latency.

Hi Timo,

I tried to, activated constant latency in two profiles but still the same. What do you mean about mix them outside?

Is there another scheme to connect 2 Kempers to use at same time?

Thanks

Edited 2 times, last by JH-2 ().

This implies two further conversions for Signal 1... you'll never have it happen instantaneously.
    I guess only one Profiler is powered? If this is the case, I am afraid I can't see a way to do it w/o using an external power amp...
    Ideas, anyone? ?(

• Your signal must be split before getting to the Kempers. You could do this with a splitter box like this one. So you would run one cable to the splitter box, then two cables from the splitter into each Kemper.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• The problem of the power amp remains tho. Am I missing something?

Sorry viabcroce,

You are right, we have forgotten where to connect the Kemper 1 (edit the post).

Connect guitar to KPA1

Connect Direct Out of KPA1 to Input of KPA2

Connect Amplifier Out of KPA1 to Mesa cabinet

Connect Amplifier Out of KPA2 to Mesa cabinet

Thanks

• you will always have latency when connect 1 Kemper into the other
    The only way is your split box
    in = Git
    A to Kemper A
    B to Kemper B
    out Kemper A to Cabinet
    out Kemper B to Cabinet
    when only one is powered you m´need a second Poweramp
    patching one out to to any in of a second kemper will result in latency
    cause auf the ad da conversion

• JH-2, if both units are powered an A+B box able to manage power-level signals is the way to go. And also a splitter or another A+B for the guitar of course :)

Hi viabcroce, I don´t understand this: If both units are powered an A+B box able to manage power-level signals.

• I tried the Fender ABY pedal and there is not latency ( "constant latency" parameter must be switched off).

The feeling of playing with 2 Kempers at the same time is like staying with two girls at same time :)

• Hi viabcroce, I don´t understand this: If both units are powered an A+B box able to manage power-level signals.

We are talking about power signals,coming from monsters able to erogate hundreds of watts (up to 1,2 kW in this case 8| ). Furthermore, power cables are structurally different than line-level cables.
    I believe it would not be safe to just use a circuit made for handling 1-2 V.
    Having said this, I've never needed to use such a device so I have no direct experience. But I'd be... cautious :)

HTH

• PROBLEM!!!!!

I have a new very rare thing to use 2 Kempers at same time. When one of them changing rig, it automatically goes out of phase. If I stop playing and hope five seconds sounds have out of phase but with diferents sound of firts and if I wait another 5 seconds and resumes well.

What I worry that out of phase difference is variable and is not fixed. I tried it on Mesa Boogie cabinet and Main Output and the problem is the same.

I do not understand anything at all ......