Steven Wilson - Routine (Solo cover)

• Hi! I made this cover today, I recorded the solo and the backing arpeggios with the KPA :) I hope you like it!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Very nice, bravo! :thumbup:
    I love the solos written by Guthrie Govan for Steven Wilson's songs.
    You found a perfect tone. Which profile did you use? Did you tweak it?

Thanks!!! :)
    The rig is Top Jimi's "Bonamassa Rig", from the Rig Manager. I used a treble booster before with the tone down to -3 and the volume lowered a bit to reduce gain. I also added a touch of "space" on the output settings and a hi and lo pass filters on the mix. For the backing arpeggio I don't remember the rig, but it was a clean one with a pre-stack tubescreamer and a post-stack rotatory speaker effect.

• Hi, do youse the rig with the original rig cab? When i put in a treble booster and lower the gain it sounds horrible out of my monitors. You have a warm full tone, i am lightyears away from this tone with the rig and the original cab. Could you upload your tweaked rig on the rig eychange?
    cheers
    Frank

• Hi, do youse the rig with the original rig cab? When i put in a treble booster and lower the gain it sounds horrible out of my monitors. You have a warm full tone, i am lightyears away from this tone with the rig and the original cab. Could you upload your tweaked rig on the rig eychange?
    cheers
    Frank

Hi Frank, I'll send you the rig later in a PM, it's very similar to the original. I didn't change de cab, but I forgot to mention I tweaked few parameters in the EQ (+1.4 Bass) and the Amp Section (but to slighty that I'm not sure it's even affecting the sound). Maybe I activated the graphic EQ with an slight boost in the low mids, but I'm not sure since I reamped it few times to see which would sit better in the mix. Space level on the output was 4.0. And by the way, I reduced the "volume" parameter on the treble booster slot, not the gain of the profile itself.

If you want I can also send you the DI track so you can reamp it and compare it. Anyway, first time I tried this rig with another guitar it sounded very fizzy to me, but it works pretty nice with this one.

• GREAT playing Alvaro.. :thumbup: Been to the SW show last week in 013 Tilburg Holland.. AMAZING!!! Here Dave Kilminster played the lead parts on a Brunetti amp (same one as he used in the Wall shows with Roger Waters) amazing sound and solo's..! Best concert I've went to yet! (and i have seen a few.. :rolleyes: ) Steven played on his Bad Cat.. those two amps together with these amazing keys....wow :)

Your KPA sound is close!

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:D

"We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are"

• GREAT playing Alvaro.. :thumbup: Been to the SW show last week in 013 Tilburg Holland.. AMAZING!!! Here Dave Kilminster played the lead parts on a Brunetti amp (same one as he used in the Wall shows with Roger Waters) amazing sound and solo's..! Best concert I've went to yet! (and i have seen a few.. :rolleyes: ) Steven played on his Bad Cat.. those two amps together with these amazing keys....wow :)

Your KPA sound is close!

Thank you nixxo13! Oh, I haven't heard so much about Brunetti amps, but here they sound amazing! Actually I made the cover after listening to the live version, I loved the lead tone of Dave Kilmister and scrolled over all the profiles on my kemper to see what one was the closest to that tone! Thank you for allt he info