Kemper Profiles

• Hi, i just bought my Kemper power rack and so far so good. I went to the MBritt profile packs and notices they were $49.95 to download..but it seems that these profiles come free as they are the ones loaded in my Kemper?...why are they $49.95 if they are already free and already loaded in the Kemper?..can someone please explain this as i don't want to waste money if these are the same profiles...thanks:)

• If you don't want to waste money, run through the rig exchange first and see what works for you.
    If for some insane reason you can't find many rigs that hit the spot (there are over 7000)-
    then go shopping for the proverbial greener grass.
    I have bought some commercial rigs and have had entirely different results from the sound samples compared to my guitars. Left me a bit disappointed. Not that they were necessarily bad, but generally, they havent given me much more than I found for free. There is no guarantee the commercial ones will work for you.
    Your results may, and probably will vary.

$50 here and there adds up.
    I would rather buy new gear instead myself.

Of course there are some very nice commercial rigs but I have found plenty in the exchange that I use more than any of the $50 packs I have bought so far.

I think some just feel that they are not getting a full quality rig for free and feel they have to pay for "that tone".
    Many in the exchange are just terrible but there are quite a few that are just awesome.

• Words of wisdom! :)

Also, don't forget the "Have amps, will profile" thread: Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...

And don't forget the factory content either!

• My top 3 rigs are all from the Rig Exchange (I play mostly clean to mild gain):

Morgan AC20 by rmpacheco
    Vox AC30 G12H 1 by Alex Divari
    JTM30 Clean (my own, but with the cab changed to Mars 4x12 by BALDRINGER)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I have to say that I've doubted about buying commercial profiles as well. I mean, the M.Britt profiles and TAF profiles that were free are nice profiles, but I don't actually use them in my band setting. SinMix has some amazing stuff, but my go-to profile for metal is off the exchange as well. There's nothing I want a profile off that isn't available on the exchange and good quality, unless we're talking stuff that you can't even find in the commercial profile stores (mainly talking about the Verellen profile I've been looking for).

However, I think my use differs greatly from that of a studio. I don't care what the mic was if it sounds good and cuts through, but having tons of options is really nice in a studio environment. I can see a studio wanting an entire set of profiles of certain amps with all sorts of different mics. That plexi profile with the SM57 won't sound the same (and will have a different application) as the one with the Royer 121.

• Actually there's no need to buy commercial Profiles. There are really good ones at the RE.
    There's also no need to drink beer but It makes fun (sometimes funny) ;)
    It makes fun to test professional profiles. There are many extraordinary. I learned a lot by analyze these rigs.
    Profiles give the Kemper its soul. The price is little in comparison to the price of the Equipment.

• Profiles give the Kemper its soul. The price is little in comparison to the price of the Equipment.

There is truth in this statement. For me, there are two things that are paramount in enjoying the Kemper experience: the rig and the amp/speaker/monitor. When either is not good, then you will feel that the Kemper is not good also. When both are good, it is like a blessing from above, and the heavens part ^^

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• cool..any recommendations?

[Guidorist] For the price of a coffee | New amps w/ samples: Me Boo MV(Marco Sfogli) & more

The Bognar XTC from Guido is a must have. it sounds and feels like his clips that he posted,

The rest of Guido's profiles are the highest signal to noise ratio based on my humble opinion and they're 3.49 per amp where you get to pick and choose instead of paying 50 or 70 for a pack and end up liking one amp on..

Never mind the money, Guido's profile in my humble opinion are the highest quality and most musical profiles out there. Remember in the end of the day, you will end up with one to three favorite amps that gets most of the playing.

If you spend less than 10 dollars buying Guido's profiles, you'll end up with three amps/ around 20-30 profiles of amazing quality profiles and as others have said, don't underestimate the rig exchange.

• I believe my next purchased rigs would be some of Guidorists.
    I have not tried any of his but I like his pricing. It makes much more sense than the high dollar packs. I am pretty sure I will not spend any more money on packs.
    Everybody would prefer cable TV and satellite radio to be ala carte. This is no different. Why pay for things you dont want just because someone only offers it this way.

There is a reason companies "pack" their offerings.
    Its not because they are sure you will watch, listen or use all of them.

There is just way too much choice to throw money around like this.

EDIT-
    Just went to look at Guidorist site.
    Didnt realize he sells packs at them low prices. I figured it was singles.
    Even better yet.

I pretty much avoided the Commercial side after too many unfortunate purchases.
    So I haven't kept up with what he and others have been offering.

• Andy has many different kinds of single amp profile sets available at his site (theampfactory.com). He was one of the first commercial suppliers - along with Armin from soundside.de.
    I believe these guys should be mentioned in this context too.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Andy has many different kinds of single amp profile sets available at his site (theampfactory.com). He was one of the first commercial suppliers - along with Armin from soundside.de. I believe these guys should be mentioned in this context too .

Fully agree and there is a special thread here to read about.
    There are some more what make a really good job!
    Many of them provide example profiles to test them..