Be able to pick Two amps profiles to use

• Many here are not native English speakers, so sometimes posts can sound differently than intended. Even if somebody really is grumpy, I just assume that they're not and it just sounds that way in translation. Makes it easier to think happy thoughts. :D

Perhaps put these feature requests in a thread that deals with what you want to get with the 2nd gen Kemper, if it will see the light of day some day.

"Asking for a future feature of the new model?"

Well - isn't that to the letter, what Ingolf had suggested? !!! 8)

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I would like to have someone put forth a good example of the need to ever run two or more amps in parallel (not serially as I have never heard of someone micing an amp and putting that into another amp). I know it's done in the studio to get multiple takes/tones of the same guitar part. But it isn't a must as it can be replicated via re-amping. There are three situations where people play:

• Studio recording: it's sometimes desired to have multiple amps running in a mix. But in the studio, I think it's rarely cut live. You can re-amp to your heart's content, so you really don't need one Kemper to run two profiles in parallel. Simply record one dry track and re-amp with one profile, then re-amp with another and layer and mix as needed. Or just double-track like they used to (Randy Rhoads). In the studio, I am sure the engineers would rather have these separated as tracks so they can apply different EQ, compression, delays, etc.to each amp tone.
    • Live playing: it's rare to see multiple amps running at the same time. You might have multiple amps to get you clean, rhythm, lead (a la Eric Johnson) but they never run at the same time. It's rare to see it.
    • Bedroom noodling: do you really need multiple amps running at the same time? I guess it would be cool to have a Fender in the left channel and a VOX in the right. But is this feature really practical given the extra computational power needed? :)
  • Running two amps/models/rigs at the same time can sound harmonically richer, and can be a way to sound more like the typical doubled guitar parts, if mixed in stereo, and one of the two side has a small amount of pitch shift and a tiny amount of 100% wet short delay.

For someone who wants that sound live, two KPAs is an ideal way to do it.

Exactly.
    That's why i posted similar solution to OP i this thread:
    2 Kemper At Same Time Latency Problem

• Running two amps/models/rigs at the same time can sound harmonically richer, and can be a way to sound more like the typical doubled guitar parts, if mixed in stereo, and one of the two side has a small amount of pitch shift and a tiny amount of 100% wet short delay.

For someone who wants that sound live, two KPAs is an ideal way to do it.

Agreed -- that would be a cool sound. But if you are talking about doubling the guitar sound, normally it isn't done using very different guitar tones. The doubled tones are usually very similar, so it's easily handled by the sound engineer with outboard gear. Unless you are talking about doubling an electric with an acoustic (very common). In which case a KPA isn't going to get you that anyways.

Can you give a case (song) of two amps played at the same time (doubled) but are drastically different in tone (not counting acoustic guitar doubling)? Maybe I just listen to guitar bands that don't use this technique. Sure, it's cool to be able to do live, but I don't think it's that common recorded -- much less live.

• It would be a cool sound. - agreed.

I wouldn't use it live, because I don't want to run a stereo rig. Some people may want to do that.

Also agreed - In the studio, it would never be cut live. Because playing the same part twice will always sound bigger than reamping a part through two different sounds. Two different guitars can make it even bigger. Slightly different chord voicings make it bigger, too.

• Might be fun to play around with but not needed. Just search for the perfect rig. With hat said my favorite tone on a pod hd years back was two amps blended that sounded better than separate. But still had nothing on the sounds I get with one amp in Kemper. Much complexity for little tonal benefit. Just tweak the 7000 free rigs on the exchange

• Might be fun to play around with but not needed. Just search for the perfect rig. With hat said my favorite tone on a pod hd years back was two amps blended that sounded better than separate. But still had nothing on the sounds I get with one amp in Kemper. Much complexity for little tonal benefit. Just tweak the 7000 free rigs on the exchange

I used two models at the same time with my Vetta, for the same reason. I don't need to do that anymore :)

• Agreed -- that would be a cool sound. But if you are talking about doubling the guitar sound, normally it isn't done using very different guitar tones. The doubled tones are usually very similar, so it's easily handled by the sound engineer with outboard gear. Unless you are talking about doubling an electric with an acoustic (very common). In which case a KPA isn't going to get you that anyways.

Can you give a case (song) of two amps played at the same time (doubled) but are drastically different in tone (not counting acoustic guitar doubling)? Maybe I just listen to guitar bands that don't use this technique. Sure, it's cool to be able to do live, but I don't think it's that common recorded -- much less live.

I use different guitar tones in two amps, if I have a similar sound in two kemper would use only one.

• I have to say the whole point of running two amps is to compensate for what one amp lacks sonically. Isn't that why the kemper has a ton of amazing features to EQ or adjust sound to do just that.

In the studio you can obviously stack different amps all you like.

• I will buy Axe FX II XL+, I didn´t just convince the Kemper. I will write here my opinion about.

Yes, please come to us back with opinion to Axe FX II XL+ here about experience, to convince Kemper didn't return overdue book from library next to beached whale providing much fun.

-- Okay, that was unfair and completely uncalled for...especially considering I speak the English only not good, and poor the French not frequently, both happily good, less the little Italian by the coast.

--- I blame all of the above nonsense upon Google Translation. So don't be me angry to me send PM expressing constant constipation over happy fun stewardess next to underpants.

;):D