No Kemper Booth at Musikmesse frankfurt 2016?

• Yeah, the recent 2-3 years left the impression that Frankfurt slowly becomes obsolete as a music fair.
    This is a sad development, considering that it once was the biggest music fair, bigger than NAMM.
    But the timing so short after NAMM has been more and more unfortunate. I'm considering myself not to go this year.

• Might have to do with the fact that they lost the original idea of a trade show a bit by allowing the end customer to be there. The idea - I think - was that stores and distributors bought stuff for the stores based upon what they saw and people still had to go to the store to actually try them. I'd think the cost of setting up at a trade show isn't worth the sales they get out of it.

And as far as Kemper goes, I can imagine them not wanting to be at every single trade fair there is, as the entire concept is kind of known at the moment and they can't really announce more than updates (unless they come with extra hardware). I'm sure I'm not the only one who watched multiple NAMM video's of the Kemper booth and they were all more or less the same explanation and demo. I was liking it a lot, but I can see stores not being interested in the updates if only a very small percentage of their sales are Kemper units.

• But the timing so short after NAMM has been more and more unfortunate. I'm considering myself not to go this year.

I completely agree with this.

No company wants to pay the fees when there is no real benefit. After most of the relevant news are presented at a fair with international interest there is no need to do that again this short time after when everybody already knows whats going on.

After the announcement that the Musikmesse 2016 was completely open to the public last year there were some fears that this concept will ruin the Messe once and for all. I tried to think positive and look forward to an interesting new concept, but after some brands announced that they won´t even show up this year. I think i won´t either.

Last year i hat the opportunity to visit the Musikmesse on the first day when it was only open to merchants and professionals. I liked it much more than the usual overcrowded fairs. I have to admit that this was my first visit there, but as i heard from many people, the days when it is open to the public are much more crowded.

Personally i hope that they will find a concept for the next years that fits both, the visitors and the exhibitors. But lets see how this year will be, maybe we´ll be surprised in some positive way...

• Yes, it is already a regrettable progress for a few years now. In times of Internet and Youtube, it becomes more and more obsolete to present products "in real". Since NAMM offers a stage to present new products before the Musikmesse, there is no real need to be present again in Frankfurt for a lot of money (and exhibitions cost A LOT of money). Particularly in a rather stagnating market.
    However, as long as I can remember (probably 25 years) the "Messe" always had one public day (usually Saturday) and the rest of the time was limited for professional visitors only. That was the time when the "Messe" was the largest music fair worldwide.

In times when managers do not want to take risks and try to gain as much revenues as possible, it is obvious that they can mis-manage such an established fair as the Musikmesse to a point that we face now.

Perhaps it would be wiser to take a bit of risk, advance the Musikmesse date from its classic date to November (i.e. before NAMM and the Christmas trade season), have it open from (let´s say) Wednesday to Saturday, with the last day open for public. That´s four days which is also easy going on the staff (on long fairs they usualy look like Zombies after 5 or 6 days) that has to be on stands. And this would bring back the Musikmesse to its original orientation.

Otherwise I think we might not have the Musikmesse anymore in 2 or 3 years.

• Actually for many years there were 2 public days (saturday and sunday) but those were the years when the Frankfurt fair was running for 5 days. When they changed it to 4 they cut the 2nd public day.

• Wise words and good suggestions.

• Actually for many years there were 2 public days (saturday and sunday) but those were the years when the Frankfurt fair was running for 5 days. When they changed it to 4 they cut the 2nd public day.

Could be HJ ... I don´t remember anymore ... I was not at the Musikmesse for a long time until I have returned 3 or 4 years ago. Fact is, that it is open for all on all days now.

I think it is more clever to seperate the professionals from the customers than to focus on sheer ticket sale volume. This is not an unusual process. Most trade fairs have this scheme or are even closed for public at all.
    Prices for a square meter stand in Frankfurt range from 198 to 231 Euro. Outdoors is 131 Euro/m². The best place if you want to save money ... put a camping trailer outdoors and create an inexpensive fair stand ... ;)
    Could be that other fairs are cheaper but probably only marginally.

Sad ... I miss the Warwick demos with Bootsy Collins (although being a guitarist myself). They were iconic...and big fun.

• i worked at the Musikmesse for more than 20 years and we all hated that second public day!

So you confirm that "kemper gmbh" won´t be there this year? (just want to make sure, as the thread title is with a question mark "No Kemper Booth at Musikmesse frankfurt 2016? ")

Edited once, last by magentix ().