Kemper Floor Unit??????????

• Helix! Amplifire! AX8! When is the Kemper floor unit coming out??

Seriously! I almost bought an AX8, it was delayed so I snagged a Kemper and am glad I did. It's true when they say everything happens for a reason. Now the only thing that could top the Kemper for live playing would be a Kemper floor unit.

Thanks for listening.

• When is the Kemper floor unit coming out??

If you mentioned a floorboard without a toaster or a KPA in a rack then I do not think it will be available in the next future.
    It was wished here some times to have just a Profile player with limited edit facilities.
    But as we learned in an other topic. No anwer is an answer ;)

For me I understand that this could be not optimal for the marketing concept of Kemper (as far I guess).
    For me Kemper would not be well advised to go into a low-price segment.
    But I agree it would be a "nice to have". :)

• Ever played a dirty pub, been to the toilet shortly before gigging to find a toilet just like in the movie Trainspotting? Now kick your KPA...
    Next day you want to do a recording, want the KPA in reach (on your desk?) for adjustments while fingering your best guitar? Go figure...

Ok, a bit of joking here, but I am very sensitive in that regard, maybe even a bit over the top :) . But that's the pic that comes to my mind every time someone asks for a floor unit :D

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Ever played a dirty pub, been to the toilet shortly before gigging to find a toilet just like in the movie Trainspotting? Now kick your KPA...
    Next day you want to do a recording, want the KPA in reach (on your desk?) for adjustments while fingering your best guitar? Go figure...
    Ok, a bit of joking here, but I am very sensitive in that regard, maybe even a bit over the top . But that's the pic that comes to my mind every time someone asks for a floor unit

Just kidding: To play a kemper gives a good chance to play in places with cleaner toilets ;)
    Now seriously. A floorboard player is only senceful for live performances. If you need profiling and edit facilities you need a Kemper in the given form.
    A floorboard player would also be a good and cheaper backup system.

• Just kidding: To play a kemper gives a good chance to play in places with cleaner toilets ;)
    Now seriously. A floorboard player is only senceful for live performances. If you need profiling and edit facilities you need a Kemper in the given form.
    A floorboard player would also be a good and cheaper backup system.

Yes, my intention was not to bash the idea of a floor unit :) in general as I see the advantages of course. I had been working at a callcenter for several years with hundreds of people every night. We did not have "own workspaces" so we had to share headsets and keyboards. Since theses days I fear bacteria anywhere 8o

But I agree to your first thought, I think that even getting a job in a semi to pro band can be biased by the equipment you can bring in. Which leads to play in places with cleaner toilets :thumbup:

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Cliff on the AX8:

Quote from cliffc8488

The floodgates will be opening soon. Two 40 ft. containers are inbound with one due any day and the other not far behind. Thank you for your patience while we're dealing with massively underestimating the demand for this product.

Frank Ritchotte on the Helix:

Quote from Frank Ritchotte

The answer is the demand so far exceeded even our most optimistic projections that it is taking some time to ramp to these new levels. I cant say how many but I will say we have sold an incredible number of units out of the gate for a high end product like this and it has actually accelerated significantly. We always bake in some upside to even the optimistic plans but when that upside is not enough you get a slight gap. We have a steady and predictable flow coming now so I expect to actually be able to get some on shelves (clear all customer pre-orders with all retailers) in the next month or so. We want to get em out there too!

• Now that I just ordered the remote after wanting such a floor Kemper, I'd be really annoyed if it came out in the near future. Consider an unpowered and remote now go for $2500 so why not essentially attaching a Kemper rack to a remote and reshaping a bit for $2500? Seems like a no brainer to me. The only thing to develop the exterior

• I wish. No floor unit and lack of a solid editor was the reason I have migrated to an AX8. Haven't touched either of my Kempers since last August, matter of fact literally just sold my rack unit. If they would come out with a player floor unit and a good editor, I'd buy it in a second.

• Yeah, my hankering for the floorboard form factor led me to the Helix. I still check in here from time to time and miss some things about my old KPA, but oh well. Worth noting that Atomic keeps expanding their floor line with the Amplifire 12 and the Ampli-Firebox.

• I'm at the moment after a convinient and super portable live-rig (which means; floorboard multichannel amp + active monitor)

Amplifire is highest on my list, and then of course AX8, Helix and similar are serious contenders.

But honestly; a Floorboard Kemper Live Player would be a no-brainer for me!
    Especially if it does NOT have a builtin wah-pedal taking up space and increasing price.

I can agre with others here, it doesn't need the profiling function, just be able to play/tweak already existing ones

Could come in powered and nonpowered. I would probably have the non-powered and a active FRFR monitor.

• I swear Kemper would make a fortune if they had enough sense to make a floorboard model...

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• I've been on enough cramped club/party stages to know that eventually someone will stomp (heavily) on whatever I leave on the stage floor.
    In my mind I see the heel of a drunk guest, or fellow band mate even, smash through the LCD, break off the giant chicken head knob etc etc.
    There is a reason why stomp boxes are usually made with a simple and solid design ;)

Personally I'm happy to keep my expensive stuff in a rack, while leaving an inexpensive controller on the stage ;)