Kemper Floor Unit??????????

• I've been on enough cramped club/party stages to know that eventually someone will stomp (heavily) on whatever I leave on the stage floor.
    In my mind I see the heel of a drunk guest, or fellow band mate even, smash through the LCD, break off the giant chicken head knob etc etc.
    There is a reason why stomp boxes are usually made with a simple and solid design ;)

Personally I'm happy to keep my expensive stuff in a rack, while leaving an inexpensive controller on the stage ;)

Well, thats a good point...

But thats why the Floorboard Kemper should be more simple, not having profiler options and stuff like that.
    The basics, in a good live ready casing.

There will always be a risk tho, not saying otherwise :)

• Well, thats a good point...
    But thats why the Floorboard Kemper should be more simple, not having profiler options and stuff like that.
    The basics, in a good live ready casing.

There will always be a risk tho, not saying otherwise :)

Must admit the idea of a floor board would be great but I couldn't have one for that very reason.

After going through 2 POD XT Live units and the crowd abuse my Behringer FCB1010 that I use with my Kemper have received, everything from mosh pits, stage "invasions", spilled pints/thrown pints I wouldn't dare take it out the house haha. Obviously it's not anywhere near as much of a problem on the bigger stages and venues, but for smaller club/pub gigs and music that attracts a more out of control crowd say metal as opposed to jazz I could see a floor unit getting destroyed soon enough sadly haha.

• It has been state several times that the profiling section of the KPA don't need a separate hardware.
    This means that while maybe a re-engineering of the KPA might lead to a floorboard model, there wouldn't be any kind of price reduction because of the missing of profiling.
    So basically it would mean having an € 1600/1800 unit under your feet.
    And it is crazy, seriously.

I'd go for something else.

• Must admit the idea of a floor board would be great but I couldn't have one for that very reason.
    After going through 2 POD XT Live units and the crowd abuse my Behringer FCB1010 that I use with my Kemper have received, everything from mosh pits, stage "invasions", spilled pints/thrown pints I wouldn't dare take it out the house haha. Obviously it's not anywhere near as much of a problem on the bigger stages and venues, but for smaller club/pub gigs and music that attracts a more out of control crowd say metal as opposed to jazz I could see a floor unit getting destroyed soon enough sadly haha.

Well... Thats what I'm doing too so maybe you're right X/

Maybe the Amplifire is a better option for me eceonomically then. It should sound good enough, and also be cheap enough to not worry too much during gigs.

• Well... Thats what I'm doing too so maybe you're right

Maybe the Amplifire is a better option for me eceonomically then. It should sound good enough, and also be cheap enough to not worry too much during gigs.

Its a shame really as 99% of these issues are the crowd/fans/punters not us musicians....although I admit to the odd Newcastle Brown Ale spillage on my boards myself !!

• Other than the reasons above (attrition) todays floorboards (AX8/Helix etc) are designed by companies which have shown that they will bring everything on the market just to stop the support for these things a few years later if it fits to their buisness interests..something Christoph never did and never will do.Actually this is the reason most guys here feel absolutely loyal to the product,no;

The Helix is not even 2 years old,the AX8 has just a few months since it has seen the light.Lets see how long these products are able to withstand all the "realities on stage"..or if they end up like all the other older floorboards which ended as trash just after 3-4 years. LiamThompson is by far not the only one with his experience ie floorboards..

Food for thought..what about if Kemper does a floorboard only for the customers which already have a Kemper Profiler;Just to "complement" the Toaster/Rack;So you need the toaster/RAck as "mothership" and the floorboard would just be the "live/rehearsal-drone";This would have many advantages.Most of all Kemper would not have to sell-out their products.People still would have to buy the KPA and if they have the real need for a floorboard-unit (like I have for some weekend micro-studentsbar-gigs and jams/rehearsals) they would have to buy it as "extension"..

By this the company could take a proven product (Remote) add "a few chips" and inputs/outputs;A simple smartphone app for minimum tweaking would then be enough.Another advantage would be that Kemper would not have to design a completely new product but does just a "minimum hardware upgrade" to a proven design.Price;Below the mach1 limit maybe even much lower.Just thinking..

Ofcourse I am no technician and I dont know if the remote as it is has some "reserves" in matter of size and dimensions to accept all these additional hardware.Most likely not and I am just dreaming out of my &%$ but anyway..