Adjust better parameters between the numbers and levels

• I do not understand people who criticize my post (disrespecting) and and moderators have read them and do nothing. Say they are negative when they are your own comments (as Aria's comment), and I think that people should be blocked for a while in the forum. I have never criticized a post that does not interest me, I read it and I respect and ignore the thread.

anyone who posts here should be aware that his or her post might get criticized, this is a completely normal part of a discussion. please don't ask for bans for other members in this forum, it's simply not good manners (think football)

There should be no difference between -0.0 <0.0> 0.0 and a digital device and do not understand this truth that could hurt anyone but play with one profiler.

since the Profiler's internal resolution is so high the use of -0.0 <0.0> 0.0 is quite sensible

I think I'm the only one in this forum uses two profilers at a time always, and I think a lot of blame for this lies with Christoph Kemper not fostered this (I don´t get to understand why).

a) you're definitely not the only one using more than one Profiler
    b) careful now with blaming anyone - especially CK - again, this could be considered rather poor manners.

the main issue here is a misunderstanding I think.
    you ask for a way to quickly and evenly increase the volume of two Profilers in a live setting,
    the solutions for this are (in no particular order):
    1) pure boost presets - like I already mentioned
    2) increase slowly to the point where the decimal place just changes, repeat on the other Profiler - this will be very, very close
    3) use a Volume pedal for both Profilers

• anyone who posts here should be aware that his or her post might get criticized, this is a completely normal part of a discussion. please don't ask for bans for other members in this forum, it's simply not good manners (think football)

JH-2: We have very different point of view about bad manners. For me, bad manners are people who criticize for criticizing (but not affected by the characteristics I mentioned, like those who insult in football), not the one who says it should moderate the language of some.

since the Profiler's internal resolution is so high the use of -0.0 <0.0> 0.0 is quite sensible

JH-2: I agree that it is quite sensible, I did not say otherwise (I like how this). I just said I want all those jumps should those marked by numbers.

a) you're definately not the only one using more than one Profilerb) careful now with blaming anyone - especially CK - again, this could be considered rather poor manners.the main issue here is a misunderstanding I think.you ask for a way to quickly and evenly increase the volume of two Profilers in a live setting,the solutions for this are (in no particular order):1) pure boost presets - like I already mentioned2) increase slowly to the point where the decimal place just changes, repeat on the other Profiler - this will be very, very close3) use a Volume pedal for both Profilers

JH-2: What a coincidence that in all my post are misunderstood ......

I'm not blaming CK absolutely (he deserves the same respect as all users, neither more nor less) I do not like to change my words!!!. He is responsible for everything that happens in our product (good or bad). As you say here this is a completely normal part in the forum (I've always spoken respectfully).

For my CK it´s an innovative guy and a genius but I think it has been a little behind the product and needs updating, I've always been a thousand reasons here.

For me the solution is that all the changes of the bar also are marked by the number, You've already told me you are not willing to change this and here ends the discussion (but I still do not understand).

• I mean this to be more generalized than it probably sounds so please forgive me but... this is my perception of what goes on here:

Right or wrong, (intentional or not) in many ways, on this board, submission of requests for new or enhanced features is both a competition and an exercise in 'survival of the fittest idea' - it has nothing to do with personalities. In many ways, we, as Kemper owners and users, are in competition with each other to present what we believe are the best, most viable and valuable ideas for the Kemper team to develop and incorporate. Case in point you will see folks asking others who post in support of an idea in their thread to 'like' the original suggestion. It also isn't about language barriers OTHER than attempting to clarify what the actual idea is to determine if it should be supported, critiqued or argued against.

If you are going to bring forth a 'new' idea, you are going to have to expect that you need to state it coherently for people to understand, and expect that there will be dialogue, critique and maybe even arguments as that is the natural selection vetting process that has been established here to try both clarify and refine such ideas, as well as to assure that only the 'majority perceived' better ideas make it through this process. Its not personal, but it IS about being able to put forth good, viable ideas that will both receive support and stand up to the test of argument.

Of course, with all that said, there is nothing that says the Kemper team has to abide by whatever 'cream' rises to the top of that process but I think there is universal hope that they will incorporate the best and most supported ideas that we come up with.

• I never said anything like this. :)
    I pointed out a couple of viable workarounds to achieve what you are asking.

Sorry, you did not tell me we will study understands that for some reason do not interested idea. You have also told me that I had to do with the ear.

I do not want to change the volume, it is perfect. What I mean is that there are no increases in void volume that is, when you turn the volume all the time is indicated by digital numbers, you know what I mean?

• What JH is saying is that not all the possible positions of the pots are shown by the display.

I guess the FR here might be: please add one decimal figure to the numbers indicating the values on the KPA's display?

Not sure if the display can be rearranged to show that, but I'd personally find this more pertinent than a polyphonic tuner for example :D
    I'd vote for it :)

• If you are going to bring forth a 'new' idea, you are going to have to expect that you need to state it coherently for people to understand, and expect that there will be dialogue, critique and maybe even arguments

I agree with some of the things you wrote :)
    But I wanted to underline bad manners and bashing.

I'd also note that, in the "war for exposition", the most powerful tool for reducing the power of a FR you don't want to support would be... total silence. Want to give no weight to a request? Ignore it.Many requests have had none or very few answers, and no "likes" at all: they have been quickly forgotten :)

So, the way I see it, is that all this mess arises from other and different factors than just defending own ideas or "room".

Peace :)

• I think we agree in general about the ideals of how the discourse should be conducted. I certainly am not trying to condone bad manners and bashing, especially if that is something I am guilty of doing. I will add that I do like to think that folks who take the time to question and critique a request are not just trying to shut it down, but trying to learn and understand from the 'what and why'. Maybe even being open to having their opinion changed if a compelling reason is given to. YMMV

• What JH is saying is that not all the possible positions of the pots are shown by the display.

I guess the FR here might be: please add one decimal figure to the numbers indicating the values on the KPA's display?

Not sure if the display can be rearranged to show that, but I'd personally find this more pertinent than a polyphonic tuner for example :D
    I'd vote for it :)

DonPetersen as he said viabcroce I saying is that not all the possible positions of the pots are shown by the display. Please it´s posible add one decimal figure to the numbers indicating the values on the KPA's display?

I do not know if I explained well.

Thanks

• DonPetersen as he said viabcroce I saying is that not all the possible positions of the pots are shown by the display. Please it´s posible add one decimal figure to the numbers indicating the values on the KPA's display?

Thanks

Two questions:
    1. Did you perceive 0,05 dB differences?
    2. If there will be a one decimal point extension like -10.15 dB what are the chances that you will not say - hey there is a point between -10.15 and -10.16 that is not reflected in LCD value display !!!
    ;)
    What you are experiencing now i logarithm equation on linear discrete numbers.
    Go to the lowest possible values and you will see that one digital step(pulse) is far from 0.1dB accuracy.
    This is because you have finite(and fixed) numbers of digital states(values from 0 to max(16383?) )

• Clearly perceive differences between 0.1 and 0.1. In between there is volume change and no indicate dijitales numbers.

One option is put number A 0.1, 0.15, 0.2 for example, or the other option is that the bar moves with numbers like this now 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 etc ...

As does not matter as long as the result is the same (which bar numbers and move at the same time at all points).

• So maybe it is better to request digital value display for those pots. That way you can always set exactly the same value.
    You could always use some 3'rd party midi controller or editor to set the same MIDI value expressed in decimal digits.
    For example - on Y is what KPA display - on X is how many digital points(which value ) have the pot to sent to the CPU.

[Blocked Image: http://bp2.blogger.com/_H4P8nQ0jwwU/R5pW-uGcIiI/AAAAAAAAAIU/aL62Lw50I9o/s400/logbase2.jpg]

• okay - it's a request and I now understand what you are asking for.

I doubt that it would be of great practical value for many users, but I see, why you think you need it.
    I don't know how Kemper's programming resources are distributed among the different projects, but I believe the are more pressing needs.

Once the delay/reverb lust of the Kemperites has been (hopefully) satified, I hope for further development of Rig Manager.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• DonPetersen as he said viabcroce I saying is that not all the possible positions of the pots are shown by the display. Please it´s posible add one decimal figure to the numbers indicating the values on the KPA's display?

I do not know if I explained well.

Thanks

DonPetersen as he said viabcroce I saying is that not all the possible positions of the pots are shown by the display. Please it´s posible add one decimal figure to the numbers indicating the values on the KPA's display?I do not know if I explained well.