Kemper 4.0

• Slightly dissappointed, because I just got my remote, as well as two exp pedals and i'm looking forward to the morphing feature (a lot!).

Plan to use it in my basic bank of rigs:
    1. Completely clean->Crunch
    2. Transparent heavy rhythm -> raunchy, fuzzy rhythm
    3. Lead sound -> Wall of delay for swell chords

Can't wait!

• I am waiting for 4.0. If it`s not nessecary to install it to get the 4.0 to work??
    I am just waiting for good dely and reverb!! so i can get rid of external gear and no need to use the loop

• I am waiting for 4.0. If it`s not nessecary to install it to get the 4.0 to work??
    I am just waiting for good dely and reverb!! so i can get rid of external gear and no need to use the loop

Uh, yeah, you need 4.0 to have 4.0's features. Just like you can't access Windows 10 features in Windows XP.

Also, 4.0 will not include delays or reverbs, just morphing. Delays are more than likely going to be 4.1, and reverbs are "later this year." You'll have to wait on them for a bit.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• 3.22 are you kidding all the KPA owners that have patienty waited while being told one fairy tail after another that good things were coming? Its been waaaay too long boys...
    I think a lot of us are ready to jump ship as your continous lies are getting old.
    Burkhard is a programmer that can't it right.
    Kemper find one that does soon or you will find yourself without any customers.
    If anyone reading this is a little pissed about the lack of firmware stabibility and features now's the time to chime in.
    This in a word Blooookws

• 3.22 are you kidding all the KPA owners that have patienty waited while being told one fairy tail after another that good things were coming? Its been waaaay too long boys...
    I think a lot of us are ready to jump ship as your continous lies are getting old.
    If anyone reading this is a little pissed about the lack of firmware stabibility and features now's the time to chime in.
    This in a word Bloooows!

• Burkhard is a programmer that can't it right.

They've gotten plenty of things very right so far. This one just takes a bit longer.

Having worked in a software development team in my previous life (churned out quite a bit of code too), I know that things don't EVER go as planned. Which is why we never announced important features before we were done with internal alpha and beta testing, sooo many things can go wrong at the very last second. And we never had the folk with the pitchforks at the gates, demanding reverbs and dual delays before they could be properly done. :whistling:

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• SgtPepper:
    You don't need to post twice if you want to chnge something. You can edit your post.
    I think that is not the right way to show your disappointment. I can understand a position that means:
    "I have invested so much money and the company reacts so slow".
    But here in this Forum we have another viewpoint. We are not only helping each other, we are trying
    to keep the Kemper development going on. Please keep in mind that you have paid for a running system
    and unless it is not damaged the company owes you anything...
    So lets all work together and look forward to all that future updates...

• Harsh words SgtPepper. The KPA already performs superbly, and is worth every single penny. Anything else is a bonus. Unless they ask you to pay extra for forthcoming updates then you have no basis for complaint.

This in a word Bloooows!

Dont see a lie here... They said 4.0 will come in February. It still IS February- so they still have time..
    If they wouldnt make it this month, I still wouldnt call it lying - but missing a deadline...

• Well, that´s the eternal problem with expectations ... the higher the expectations, the more the disappointment.
    The source of frustration herewith is not on the side of who is supposed to "deliver" something, but on the side of who projects a certain outcome on something on the future date.

However, I don´t think we can complain about Kemper´s company philosophy at all. FW updates come on a regular and steady base and are for free. Whether the new quantum leap firmware update deserves to be called 4.0 or rather 3.5 or whether Morphing is something very useful or less, lies in the eye of each individual beholder.

I for one do not complain even if 4.0 comes in March or April. It will come some day and that´s fine with me.

Besides, how many company owners in this field of business would attend an Adrian Belew concert, as I could see myself last night in Bonn ... :)

• As long as they work with dely and reverb section I am happy! Because thats the only thing I want different on my Kemper! I was hoping delys would come march/april earlier on...

This in a word Bloooows!

I'm calling troll on this one.

Harsh? Not compared to that post.

EDIT: Perhaps "troll" isn't quite the word. The post is blatantly, and desperately IMHO, trying to tear Kemper down. This smacks of a plant in this case.

Harsh, or a realistic impression based upon the post?

• Let make it simple for you,,
    If you don't like it,, sell it..used Kempers don't last long,, I searched for days, and every time I was about to pull the trigger, someone else got it, Just bought a new one,
    If you don't like Team Kemper,,Quit,,
    no one held a gun to your head and told you to buy it,
    Leave this forum to the kind . helpful folks that just want to make KEMPER life better for all of us,
    This is the BEST money I have EVER spent on GEAR PERIOD,
    BTW
    you can always go back to 180 lbs of gear, tons of cords, batteries, flight cases, wall warts,,pedals etc,,,not to mention,a
    100 dollars worth of tubes every month,,and it still sounds diff every night!
    CHILL OUT,,,the best is yet to come,,,,

• This is the BEST money I have EVER spent on GEAR PERIOD,

Same here.

Not only did I post this in another thread today, but I also told my lil' brother "Fingers" this over the 'phone a couple of hours later.

So, that's three times I've said this... only today. Can't praise it enough. It's that simple.

• since the Kemper came, My tone has been 100% consistent every time,,, every gig,,, every practice,,,every session, I get way more studio calls now that I bring 300+ amps to the studio, I can carry way more guitars,,to sessions,
    For the first time in my life,( I am 62,) I have sound men coming up to me and saying
    " What the hell are you playing through? It sounds fantastic, I can get you way up in the mix without hurting anyone,, You can TURN UP a Little"
    ARE you KIDDING ME, no sound man has ever asked me to turn up,,,,
    I just smile and say,,,, Kemper....
    Thank you Mr. Kemper,,