Kemper 4.0

• Yes but what have the Romans Germans ever done for us ;)

Just a few things come to mind:
    1. Worlds First Antibiotic (Protonsil/sulfa drugs saved millions)
    2. Haber Bosch process (saved billions)
    3. Gummy Bears (gave us all a reason to live)
    4. Uranus (gave us something to laugh about)

I say, let's keep em!

• Just a few things come to mind:
    2. Haber Bosch process (saved billions)
    3. Gummy Bears (gave us all a reason to live)
    4. Uranus (gave us something to laugh about)

I say, let's keep em!

*sigh*
    FINE!!!! We'll keep them....

(as a mechanical engineer by day, I could never stay mad at the Germans... They had me at Abbrennstumpfschweissen...

• Well, quite off topic, but since the cat is out of the bag, even there and then you have a bunch of amazing discoveries:
    - Jet airplanes
    - Rockets
    - Synthetic fuels

Modern movements:
    - anti-animal cruelty
    - species conservation
    - anti-tobacco
    - a car for every person (volkswagon)
    - large public highways

But without the Yang of war how could you ever have had the Yin of the longest lasting peace on the continent?
    Even now Germany is at the heart of keeping the Euro together financially.

From the Swiss we get: Velco, Computer Mouse, and a cool Army Knife. (and secret bank accounts, shhhhhhh)

• Funny, for a long time I've been just ignoring this forum and playing my Kemper. I have zero anger about not getting something I was "promised." I'm just finding out about all this. Seems like a magic present from the gear gods, but until then, I have a really nice piece of gear. Is there something broken about the reverbs and delay? I never thought so.

• Just a few things come to mind:

I say, let's keep em!

Ahem. Just to be pedantic, as every skoolchild kno of course the worlds first modern antibiotic was penicillin discovered in England by Alexander Fleming for being a lazy slob (even though Joseph Lister discovered it 60 years before, but no-one cares about actual scientific method versus a good story, wiz) . And the ancient Greeks also used molds as cures. But protonsil gave us the worlds first sulfonamide drug which did/does save millions.

• Ahem. Just to be pedantic, as every skoolchild kno of course the worlds first modern antibiotic was penicillin discovered in England by Alexander Fleming for being a lazy slob (even though Joseph Lister discovered it 60 years before, but no-one cares about actual scientific method versus a good story, wiz) . And the ancient Greeks also used molds as cures. But protonsil gave us the worlds first sulfonamide drug which did/does save millions.

NEVER excuse being pedantic... It's a hallmark of German precision and engineering!

• Ahem. Just to be pedantic, as every skoolchild kno of course the worlds first modern antibiotic was penicillin discovered in England by Alexander Fleming for being a lazy slob (even though Joseph Lister discovered it 60 years before, but no-one cares about actual scientific method versus a good story, wiz) . And the ancient Greeks also used molds as cures. But protonsil gave us the worlds first sulfonamide drug which did/does save millions.

The story of Lister is interesting, didn't know his history with penicillin.
    Makes you wonder why it was never explored or largely publicized, a shame.
    But even with Fleming, there was no useful form developed, not for many years.
    So sorry, Brits, no can do, you don't get the gold award. Silver for you.

It was a German dye giant that systematically (I think 10 years of active research) not accidentally, discovered a useful antibiotic that was immediately and almost rather safely (some people are allergic) be used right then and there.

So I will be pedantic and amend my statement to: "the worlds first widely available, systemically useful, and scientifically deducted antibiotic." phew.

The other good part is this dye manufacturer's rigorous testing methods were eventually universally adopted as the de facto way to test drugs for human usage (first animals, then test trials, before widely available. Today there are even computer simulations being developed to determine things like possible carcinogenicity of drugs before starting the process)

Meanwhile, in the United States, they were selling Radioactive Tonic to cure cancer (no kidding) and (get this) adding radiator fluid (ethylene glycol) to sulfanilamide so that it would be a sweeter children's medicine (killing over 100 kids and kickstarting the modern FDA here)

Now what does this all have to do with Kemper v4.0? Only that we also expect (yet another) world changing enterprise with it's release!

• Dear Kemperains,

I'm glad to see you are all lucid and prepared to add your two cents. Yes may be I could have stated my case more elegantly. There hasn't been a major step forward since 3.02. Then to have Kemper dangle the 4.0 carrot from the NAMM podium to be released sometime in "February" only to see 3.3 with " a few fixes " yes this is very disappointing ! Consider Kempers whole sales pitch of "Frequent updates " with " Free " attached to that. Don't get me wrong here the Pre-amp is but far excellent. If that all there was to this product and it was sold on that one premise then there would be no argument. But it was advertised that what you were making an investment in was a world class device. Kemper has yet to deliver the basic par in respect to everything else other than the Pre-amp. I am not a troll . I am a KPA owner that expected Kemper to live up to their claims. Nothing less.. Axe and Helix both have better routing and effects than the KPA. Does anyone here dispute that! Basic things like pedal assignments to any parameter which are standard assumed features are missing. Delay and Reverbs are
    Meh.... Then to only release 3.3...? When 4.0 was hailed at Namm for a February release. Well technically they still have time... If everyone is content to watch the competition rise and surpass. Yes the KPA is not infallible.
    Despite the KPA Pre-amp which I too am a big can of. The truth is Axe and Helix both are very good in that department as well. The problem is that in all other areas the Axe and the Helix excell. I would like Kemper to surpass them!
    That's all... Don't promise a world you can't deliver on. Could it be my fellow Kemperians that the hardware lacks the memory and processing power to meet the challenge?
    If this is the case then Kemper should make it known. Then the owners can decide for themselves whether to move on. If the KPA can't equal or better in that category admit to the limitations and fix what can be fixed like the common pedal controller assignments .
    Burkhard I sincerely apologize for taking my frustrations about this out on you.

If all of you are content ... I rest my case....

We all own a very expensive cloning Pre-amp that does that one thing wonderfully and should be grateful for any other improvements If they ever come to pass...

I guess I just have to get used to settling for less.

Best regards...

• IMO the KPA tops a lot of other digital devices with its profiling ability, more real than the rest. Maybe these others have better effects as you mention but I'm sure the KPA team are working hard to update the FX's so they are top of the league, no point them rushing things out just for the sake of it. When I brought my KPA i didn't care if they updated it or not I brought it for the tone. IMO the updates we receive which are FREE are just a bonus. CK was responsible for the access virus industry standard synth which got regular updates for a very long time, so no doubt CK's road map for the KPA is probably along the same lines.4.0 Will come to us when the KPA team feel it's ready and I'm sure will be worth the wait :)

• Your a true cheerleader.
    Both the Axe and the Helix are moving forward and in their own right surpass the flexibity of routing as well as their effects. I don't think their going to abandend the R+D anytime soon while Kemper plays catch up. It seems you guys have blinders on and ignore that you have any competion.
    Like I have said I love the Kpa Pre-amp ...

I guess I am expecting to much ... Right?

Kemper will never actually admit to any shortcomings ...

You choose to ignore them...and act as if the product is superior in all respects.

Instead of fixing basic functionality that all other MI products have instituted for many years you do absolutelty nothing.

That's too bad for you....
    I'm just saying if you want to hang your hat on the fabulous one trick pony wonder... That's fine.. Don't pretend or give anyone the hopes it will be anything more than that one incredible thing!

That's all InGolf.