Just bought a Kemper - need some help

• @OhG: Believe me, the paradigm shift of going FRFR will be half as drastic if you continuously remember that all the guitar and amp tones you originally fell in love with you only got to know RECORDED. Your whole musical socialization is recorded tones, not the stack in your room.
    This very fact helped me very much to go fully FRFR.
    Now I've been assimilated for a very long time. ;)

• @OhG: Believe me, the paradigm shift of going FRFR will be half as drastic if you continuously remember that all the guitar and amp tones you originally fell in love with you only got to know RECORDED. Your whole musical socialization is recorded tones, not the stack in your room.
    This very fact helped me very much to go fully FRFR.
    Now I've been assimilated for a very long time. ;)

This is what I tell people all the time in the studio when they first come to use the KPA

• Welcome. And have to agree about FRFR . I play in a couple of bands mostly classic and a little newer rock. and I like being able to hear the differences between 4x12 and 2/12 open back cabs. I want a twin to sound like a twin and a Plexi to sound like a plexi

• Not to toot my own horn here but my Splawn profiles through my Splawn cab and Fryette Power Station sound legit as hell.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sounds spot on to my actual Splawn. I recommend the Fryette Power Station above all else right now but that is just my $.02

• Sounds spot on to my actual Splawn. I recommend the Fryette Power Station above all else right now but that is just my $.02

JerEvil,

Your video, along with one I found on YouTube under the name "FastPonyRedCar" are the two videos that made me seriously consider going the route of the Fryette. I loved your video because unlike most clips that I've found, it wasn't full of death metal riffs tuned down so low that the tone becomes lost. The guy in the other video was very similar and was also using a Splawn cab. Good stuff! I'd love to hear how your setup does in replicating a nice Fender clean tone, or a clean tone with just a hint of dirt to it (a Hendrix or Stevie Ray sound).

• The main thing to remember is FRFR is totally different to a traditional amp and cab.

when you describe listening to the Kemper through a wedge, you're not liking it because it's a recreation of a mic'd amp, not because it's digital. Trust me, if you had your amp in isolation mic'd up and then fed through the same monitor you'd get the same feeling, it's just how it is. However to the audience it sounds great and normal.

I agree that solid state amps don't sound great. My solution is to run the Kemper through a valve power amp with a cab on stage for my own monitoring and then send the full Kemper signal to the FOH.

• JerEvil,

Your video, along with one I found on YouTube under the name "FastPonyRedCar" are the two videos that made me seriously consider going the route of the Fryette. I loved your video because unlike most clips that I've found, it wasn't full of death metal riffs tuned down so low that the tone becomes lost. The guy in the other video was very similar and was also using a Splawn cab. Good stuff! I'd love to hear how your setup does in replicating a nice Fender clean tone, or a clean tone with just a hint of dirt to it (a Hendrix or Stevie Ray sound).

Yeah Drew's (FastRed) clips are always solid, and his Nitro profiles are great.

I'll see about making some more clips like the Splawn ones with the tones you mentioned.