favorite michael wagener profiles from studio pack

• thanks!

Ahh nice im gonna try out the plexi and 2203 then , i have the pack but theres 100 so i need to decide which ones to check out first

Hi JHERC,

Sorry, for some reason I was thinking you were talking about the free Michael Wagener Signature Pack, which are part of the Kemper Factory Rig Packs, available for download on the Kemper site. The free pack has 17 Rigs, eleven of them being Merged type.

The Rig names I provided in my list are from this Signature Pack. Perhaps these are the same as appear in Michael's commercial "Studio" pack.

Cheers,
    John

• oh ya thanks , I actually bought all of them the uber and the srudio pack , Im a profile addict and i spend way too much on em , trying to find my sound . I cant really crank amps in an apartment and mic em , and i dont have many amps anyways , so im looking for the perfect tone .... still searching for that marshall tone i hear on 80s records !!!!

• oh ya thanks , I actually bought all of them the uber and the srudio pack , Im a profile addict and i spend way too much on em , trying to find my sound . I cant really crank amps in an apartment and mic em , and i dont have many amps anyways , so im looking for the perfect tone .... still searching for that marshall tone i hear on 80s records !!!!

You definitely should check out profiles for the Friedman BE-100 amp.

I can personally recommend those included in Michael Britt's commercial Profile Pack #3.

I also recommend the free BE100 profiles from this forum's own Mr. Tim Owens (timowens). They can be found in this thread located here: Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...

Cheers,
    John

Edited 4 times, last by Tritium ().

• so im looking for the perfect tone .... still searching for that marshall tone i hear on 80s records !!!!

Having been addicted to all of MBritt's profiles for so long, I had pretty much forgotten about the Michael Wagener Studio Pack that I bought when it became available. I rediscovered them recently, and there are some good ones in there for sure.

My fave is the 69 Metropoulos, but the "MW - Rand L- TS Mrs Scar" that comes with the Michael Wagener Signature Rig Pack (May 2015) will totally get you that 80's George Lynch Mr. Scary tone. I think it comes from the Uber Pak, but it's part of the free downloads from the Kemper site (Support > Downloads > Additional Factory Rigs).

• Is there actually a difference between the free MW profiles and the commercial ones?
    I find that very often the free giveaways give you a nice impression but are not that good or let's say no to my taste. Which kind of makes sense because otherwise i wouldn't buy commercial profiles...
    Regarding the free MW profiles, i like them but not enough to convince me buying one of the packs.

• Is there actually a difference between the free MW profiles and the commercial ones?
    I find that very often the free giveaways give you a nice impression but are not that good or let's say no to my taste. Which kind of makes sense because otherwise i wouldn't buy commercial profiles...
    Regarding the free MW profiles, i like them but not enough to convince me buying one of the packs.

I have never seen differences in the sense that free packs are deliberately worse than the commercial ones.
    Normally there are less of them so they have a kind of teaser function.
    That said if you didn't like the free MW profiles there's a good chance that his commercial pack is not for you either.

• I have never seen differences in the sense that free packs are deliberately worse than the commercial ones.
    That said if you didn't like the free MW profiles there's a good chance that his commercial pack is not for you either.

"Exactly" to all that Ingolf says! (in this post at least ;-))

• I have never seen differences in the sense that free packs are deliberately worse than the commercial ones.

I completely agree, as well.