What are generally regarded the best commercial profiles

• The best is hard to say as what sounds great to one man may not sound that great to another. Best is very subjective. I have had great success with TAF profiles but there are many commercial sellers offering good profiles it just depends on what you are after. Some commercial sellers offer free ones, so you can try before you buy as to say :)

• The best is hard to say as what sounds great to one man may not sound that great to another. Best is very objective. I have had great success with TAF profiles but there are many commercial sellers offering good profiles it just depends on what you are after. Some commercial sellers offer free ones, so you can try before you buy as to say :)

This is VERY true, and keep this in mind with all other suggestions that may follow!

When I was new here, i bought a bunch of TAF profiles, since everybody seemed to recommend them highly.
    In the end, it didn't hit what I wanted. I've since learned to appreciate his profiles for what they are (different styles than what I was looking for - in MY opinion), so it's in no way a slam. There's no doubt his profiles are very professional. Just not who I would go to for hard rock/metal!! (and he'd probably be the first to say that isn't his strength, either).

Best advice: Try the free demo packs from different sellers, and make a judgement based on that.

Having said that, check out SinMix for HEAVY stuff. I think DeadLightStudios also gets praise.

Kemper (the official site) has some free rig packs from some commercial sellers, as well.

• The best is hard to say as what sounds great to one man may not sound that great to another. Best is very objective. EDIT: VERY SUBJECTIVE ;)
    I have had great success with TAF profiles but there are many commercial sellers offering good profiles it just depends on what you are after. Some commercial sellers offer free ones, so you can try before you buy as to say :)

This. Fixed this for you @Raoul23 ;)

What is regarded the best car would be an analogy.

• Or the best guitar....Or the best guitar player. That would be me, but you get the idea.... 8o

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I try to stay with the commercial profilers that do a thorough job. Meaning not only do you get a complete profile of the amp, but they also take the time to write down the settings from the amp for each profile. As well as, the mics used and all included effects. My favorite ones are from Soundside and ChopTones as they do the aforementioned. Also, they will include any effect or stomp settings used.

It is frustrating to purchase a pack of profiles and get very little, then when asking the profiler what the settings might be you get the response; "I never wrote them down."

If you are looking for thorough IR packs; I recommend OwnHammer. They do an incredible job and you are supplied with many options and complete setup specifics.

Hope this helps.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• Some Things Affecting Opinion on "Best" Profiles
    1) BEST is highly dependent on the guitar used. Strat vs LP vs Tele vs Gretsch. Each guitar has it's own set of "best" profiles which don't always cross to other guitars. Because pickups differ. Because amps have different sweet-spots for different guitars and the profiler might have used a guitar you don't have, so he dialed in HIS sweet-spot, not yours.

2) BEST depends on your style, music preference of course. Into Country? Not gonna love them Metal profiles. Vice Versa.

3) I know we all dropped $2k on a KPA. But some may have inferior pickups (can you say MIM?) If so, remember that garbage in = garbage out

4) Going out too hot from your KPA to speakers makes all profiles sound like crap. Some guitars going IN are too hot and do the same thing. If you have 18 ohm active pickups, not every profile others made w/9 Ohm will be your friend. Pickups sometimes choose the amp we profile for us.

5) Make sure you have dB Parity. What's that? However loud you played your amps, PLAY YOUR KPA JUST AS LOUD. Often you can play the KPA lower and it kills any attenuator made out there. But it's still not the compression you are used to hearing if you played loud.

6) If you are an AMP-IN-THE-ROOM Jer.. uh, guy, use a CABINET. If you aren't, then an FRFR is technically best. If you are using Headphones, FRFR, or Guitar Cabinet, your "best" list may/will differ. They are all different speakers and that's just reality. The KPA can cross this divide, but it requires a special type of profiling that 99% of people aren't going to do or be able to do.

Commercial Profilers:
    1) Love TAF for the accuracy his amps can match real recordings. You find out the amp and you can often match it. Paired with a similar guitar (i.e. P90->Vox) you can usually nail the recording. Not 100% of the time, but more than any other Profiler I've toyed with. Check out Pack 6, 8 if you like Blues, Rock, my fav's the Bluesbreaker but there are many in 6 that are stellar.

2) Love MBritt. Because many of his profiles just sound good. I don't try and match. I just enjoy. The reason many don't match is he often has used the same Cabinet to many of his amps. But lately has gone away from that and is profiling the amp by itself. Don't let either fool you. He makes great profiles too. Check out Dumble and CAA profiles in Pack 2. My favs.

3) Others make great profiles. The difference is to my taste/ears/opinion is the number of "I LIKE" vs "I Can Live Without". If it's 80%, it's TAF and MBrit. If it's 50% it's Wagener. If it's 15-25% it's others. Some it's 0% and I would like my scale to to -20% for some but I'm not online to be mean. Some folks ought to play and not make profiles is what I'm saying. I include myself in that group, so it takes one to know one.

Again, for my guitars/preferences/taste/ears. Each person has their fav and none are wrong.

• What is regarded the best car would be an analogy.

Tesla! :D

In addition to M Britt and TAF I will also give a shout out for Pete's (especially his Bogner, and Diezel), A/M Audio (Love his 5153), Guidorist, and Top Jimi for his Marshall's. I have great profiles for all of these guys I use often.

• <p>Hopefully someone professional who has tried a lot of commercial Profiles will give an unbiased review on them.</p>

-Computer:Imac-OS Catalina

-Kemper non-powered rack version

-Kemper Remote

• The best I've tried:

Bert Meulendijk, Guido Bungenstock and Michael Britt.

YMWVM - Your Mileage Won't Vary Much...

EDIT: I love the "neutrality" of the TAF profiles I've heard, and their lack of phase issues. I've been meaning to buy a whole bunch, if not all of them since day dot, but alas the moolah required has seen me hold off thus far. More than just on the radar 'though; I've promised Andy I'll go all-in when I can, and I will.

• As noted above, massively subjective. That said, for metal I like SinMix, Deadlight Studios, and Black Stymphalian. Check out Reamp Zone and Choptones as well. For rock, many good ones, but I tend towards M Britt, although I wish he offered merged profiles.

• Had my best luck with Michael Britts..but Guido, TAF, Bert Meulendijk, Sinmix are great also..not much of a high gain guy, so i prefer the crunch and vintage profiles. they work the best for me, i can then use my pedals with the cleaner rigs, to get a variety of sounds. That being said Pete's Wizard profiles are high gain heaven.

• Hi,
    I'm using since some years the profiles from soundside.de and thinking they are some of the best.
    For each profile there are many sets of different gain and switch settings. And the sound is brilliant
    course of using hi quality mic's and preamps for profiling. So for me the best choice.