Advice on digitall wireless system

• Hi, a question I want to go wireless but we are also using a digital mixing console. What is the max latency (ms) for a system to be unoticeble when using the kemper with a digital desk and in ear monitoring. Thanks!

• Hi, a question I want to go wireless but we are also using a digital mixing console. What is the max latency (ms) for a system to be unoticeble when using the kemper with a digital desk and in ear monitoring. Thanks!

I can't give you numbers here, but I use a Sennheiser EW 300 IEM G3 into a Behringer X32 rack plus a Line 6 Relay 30 into my profiler.
    The latency is un-noticeable to me.

• Thanks guys for the reply. At this moment I`m looking for 2 options. The first is a Sony DWZ B50 GB (3ms latency) and the second a Line 6 Relay G75 (1.5ms latency) but I`m reading a couple reviews where users have problems with the (G70/G75) units. The G30 and G50 you are using have 2.9ms latency specs so I think I going to try the Sony first. We are using a Mackie dr32l mixing console and my IEM system is a DB technologies Eme-one.

• Update, I've bought the Sony DWZ B50GB wireless guitar system and my first impression is really good. In both modes I don't feel/hear any latency (6ms and 3ms modes). And also really important the sound is really good and and there is no hiss or other interference noticed. This is when I checked it at home. Next test will be in a band setting.

• I'm using a Line6 G90 (in rf1 mode!!!) which is very reliable and feels natural (latency wise - I also don't have numbers). I like the battery indicator on the 19" rack unit for the transmitter. The hours and minutes are not accurate, but there's approx one hour left when the light turns red, so even if it happens while you are in the first part of a set, you should have enough time to finish the set and change the batteries in the break. The battery compartment issue that some users have reported (opens accidentally when you hit the button) is not an issue for me, becauseI use a wireless holder which is attached to my guitar strap where the transmitter is fixed with a velcro tape. This fixes the whole unit including the lid of the battery compartment.

My in-ear system is the Thomann t.bone IEM 200 (820 MHz) which has a quite good value for the prise (~ 400 EUR). Especially the fact that it has two inputs which you can use to mix two separate signals on the receiver using a balance knob. My IEM transmitter is set up in stereo mode where one channel is the mix from the band and the other channel is my kemper signal that I receive from the direct out (as the monitor output goes to my power amp for natural feedback). The IEM receiver is set up in mono, so I get both signals left and right and can use the balance knob to change the relative level from one channel to the other. I. e. I can change the loudness of my signal in my in-ear mix on stage which is quite cool.

• i tried a Line6 G30 and didn´t notice any latency at home when testing. But live (rehearsal) my guitar felt some kind of "not cutting through the mix" - i switched between the g30 and a cable several times. it was the G30, which introduced that feeling. Maby it was not its latency, but something else? don't know. I returned it to the dealer.
    A few months ago i bought a G70 and could´t be happier! Great tone, great features, great battery-life, not noticing any latency.

Martin

• Yes, two times a had a complete Drop out ... but that was when the battery was empty !!! :D

It lasts so song, that I don´t bother with changing Battery every gig/rehearsal - and it tells you the remaining time, which works pretty well! One time it said 2h and I started a 2h rehearsal ... i think it quit working after 1,5h.

With full loaded batteries i could play something over 8 hours, i think.

But your question: No, not a single dropout... using it about 4h a week since december 15.
    You can definitely interfere with wifis around, when using the same channel, but it is always the wifi which does´t work well anymore. But just use the scan feature to get a free channel. Never had any problems.
    Love this unit!

Martin

• I don't have one, but have read abt people raving over Line-6 wireless stuff...

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I have good experience to play with Line6 G30.
    I look now for Line6 G10 - it seems more convenient.
    The change of batteries at the G30 is always an adventure.
    The closure is not very stable.
    Especially when you use accus which are a little thicker than normal AA batteries.