Djemass official thread (Acoustic sim+Piezo packs available !)

• Apparently the problem appears only on some cabs. Need testers for this as I don't manage to reproduce the problem at home.

Hi Gerald, did you get an aswer from support? I'd like to know why this very loud pop appears and why there is no safety cirquit in the kpa. This noise can realy blow up the cabs from an frfr or pa.

• Yes the Profiles sounds very good.
    It's just some kind of peak overload which I sometimes have heard also with very clean Profiles.
    Tried Nr. 8 now
    I setted the Volume of the EQ to -5dB - its still there
    I reduced the pick-parameter in the Amplifier (original +1.1) - its still there
    I setted input clean sense to -5 dB - its still there
    I setted Rig Volume to -5 dB - its still there
    It becomes with these settings better but it did not disappear fully.
    Now I don't have any advice.

• No idea here too. Looking forward what the support analyses when they reach the profiles because i have heard this bang also in some rigs in former time, but i deleted those ones.
    At those old rigs the bang appears only when i used 2 or 3 different cabs, as i have written, with other cabs it was solved but the sound was not as good and clear as before. Tried everything, clean sence lower, volume lower, Pick in the amp section lower, amp lower, but it was still there.

• I was thinking

Anything to see with cabmaker ? These are IRs converted by it.

I used an preamp profile where PENG happens very often with the cabs of the pack (504II JB), and I recorded everything but the cab in my DAW and added the cab IR in MixIR2 and no PENG...

perhaps a coincidence ?

• Dont know. I have no experience with cab maker.

• It is really a pity. I mean I continued to work on these profiles and improved significantly the authenticity by adding a new eq slot before the stack and lowering the mids in the eq stack section !

Hope sincerely Kemper will help us, these rigs have somethig special now...

Oh I forgot, NO pure cabinet for these rigs !!

To Kemper team, pure cabinet per rig please ! :)

• ... OK seems to work nicely now. 39 profiles now :)

No time for edition before thursday. You will have to wait till then ;)

I love Pure cabinet but here it is absolutely forbidden !! :D

Hi Gerald, the work is done and finaly you got a great result. I tried the new 08M rig that you sent yesterday and there is no Peng, no matter how hard you hit the strings. There is only a big Bang for your work! It was a pleasure to "beta test" them!

I have recorded a very small tune with the rig and i added some other fx (micro pitch in slot X, chorus, delay and reverb). Used guitar: Music man JP6, pu's middle position, no piezzo on. Hope ya like it.

I think everyone here know the chords, played for one of the greatest musicians the world have seen r.i.p.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers
    Frank

• IT IS OFFICIAL NOW !

After few days of head scratching and intensive tests, I am proud to announce you the release of the Riccardo Pizzuti Acoustic XXL Pack !!

As usual, it is absolutely free (unless you want to offer me a beer !! :) )

Totally revamped to avoid PENGs (digital clipping).

However, I highly recommend you : don't use EQ post amp or you risk to have PENGs (digital clipping) ! Don't use Pure cabinet (it will kill all the hi-end which makes the unique flavour of these profiles) !

To date, this was by far my biggest challenge.

For years, I have been using Variax system of my Musicman to play live acoustic guitar tones, but it was not very convenient because I had to plug the Variax with a special cable into the Line6 box which is on my pedalboard, blablabla...

When I did this pack, I had in mind to achieve the best acoustic simulator possible for my Di Marzio magnetic pickups without using my Variax system...

@billruppert had a great acoustic sim profile from a ZOOM unit, but I wanted to go further, erasing more magnetic pickups color and adding some specific colors (Martin, Gibson,...).

So I took this profile as a basis (thank you Bill for your kind permission!), which I strongly reEQ'ed and I added Acoustic cabs to give the resonnance of a real acoustic guitar.

The result works wonderfully especially with humbuckers in mid position (Les Paul, ...), with colors remaining famous US acoustic guitars.

For single coils, I imagine some EQ will be needed as they tend to sound brighter.

For piezo pickups users, please switch OFF the studio EQ in B slot and the Stack EQ because some digital clipping may appear due to the extreme settings of the EQ I had to do !!

NB On my website, I added a new page USERS FEEDBACK about any comments or suggestions if you like (or not) what I do. I will highly appreciated it.

Enjoy !

• As usual, it is absolutely free (unless you want to offer me a beer

Hey man - the drudgery has paid off. :thumbup:
    Thanks also to Bill for allowing to use his profile.

Some beers are on the way to you.
    I ask me now why I have spend almost € 800,- for the fishman powerbridge incl. Electronic. :D
    But now I am eagerly for the Mescal Profile- even if he was an evil villain.

BTW - I have a Variav JTV 69 but never was lucky with the acoustic models.