Djemass official thread (Acoustic sim+Piezo packs available !)

• hi , here is a short sample made out acoustic13, definitely fun ! I'll get rid of my Variax , they are similar enough in terms of realism.

This recording was done on my semi hollow (Ibanez artist) , to add more body. I also got rid of pure cab.
    they also mix well , and I'll have some use for recording !

thanks a lot Dje , that was lots of work but really worth it !

Wow, sounds great!!

• THE MESCAL PACK is available now for piezo users !!!

Tested and approved by Eltzejupp and Sharry ;)

[Blocked Image: https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/dimension=283x10000:format=jpg/path/sc8471d7596d9d229/image/i5f086145ce5ddbdd/version/1461768310/image.jpg]

Hi Gerald, the pack is awesome. The "morethanwords rig" works perfect for my piezzosystem. But i think i have good news for singel coil players. Just for fun i tried the rig with my strat, suhr pic up's an no piezzo system. For me it works also very fine only with singel coils. I played this example at switch position 4 and for the "floydish" one i added a oneway phaser in slot D. Micro pitch in slot x on, pure cab off. What do you think? No Plengs also with the strat.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

cheers
    Frank

• Micro pitch in slot x on, pure cab off. What do you think? No Plengs also with the strat.

Awesome Frank :thumbup: .
    What Profile did you use and what is Micro pitch (which Parameter?)
    Now I really can leave with a clear conscience the acoustic guitar at home. :) Before, it was not so good, but good enough ;)
    The rest work for me is now to understand better how to tweak this profiles. Also untweaked they sound really extraordinary.!

• Awesome Frank :thumbup: .
    What Profile did you use and what is Micro pitch (which Parameter?)
    Now I really can leave with a clear conscience the acoustic guitar at home. :) Before, it was not so good, but good enough ;)
    The rest work for me is now to understand better how to tweak this profiles. Also untweaked they sound really extraordinary.!

Hi Harry, the profile is the "morethanwords" profile that i tweaked for Gerald. He just added it to his pack, so you can download it.
    Micro pitch is an effect that detunes a little and for me it added some kind of shimmer. I have sent it to djemass and he added it to all rigs. I placed it in slot x. If you open my morethanwords tweak you find it in slot X and you can look which parameters i used. >I got this hint from a pro from the UK some weeks ago and for me it works very well.

And yes, they sound very very good, i have some favs found in this pack. I only added another eq in slot B and other compressor parameters. Also the amp is a little bit tuned, because it was a little to harsh for my pick up's. Turned down the definition from 5 to 4.3 and raised the compressor in the amp section up to 4,5 to give a little boost. Only little fine tunig to the output of my guitars.

Play with chorus, delays and so on, nearly everything works with the rig.

Have a nice weekend

Cheers
    Frank

• Hey Gerald, a fresh beer is on the way to you and please, everybody who download this great pack, please dont forget to push the donate button on Geralds website. He has done a very good job and he spent lots of hours to create these cool rigs.

Cheers Gerald , i open a beer too this evening!

• I just read this after listening to all the profiles. 13 is also my favorite, then 32 (for a little more shimmer).

• the darker piezo profiles tended to work best for my setup, IMO: 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 18, 21, 30, 35. My faves were 14, 21, and 30.

as for the original batch designed for neck humbuckers, I liked 8, 22, and 31. I'm going to play through some more and see if I have any other faves.

overall, another great pack! it would be a bit more user friendly to consolidate similar profiles and have some variation on the tagging - it can be confusing trying to remember numbers, especially if their order isn't necessarily meaningful (1 is dark, 39 is bright, etc). But the tones are there. And it's free. So hurrah.

• ...to clarify. My favs for dual humbuckers are 13 and 30 from the Riccardo Pack.

For strat single-coils in position 4, I ended up liking the MORETHANWORDS profile (w/modified EQ to tame the low end a bit) from the Mescal Pack.

• I disabled the graphic eq in the X slot and it sounded simply awesome !! A more modern tone.Kudos @GR Studios !!

Oh Gerald, when do you sleep? ;)
    Its hard do choose a profile, if so many good one are available.
    I if I think for the amount of possible Permutaions to change Cabs and Amplifier and other presets - I am afraid to become crazy 8|
    Certainly I would not become so old to try all ;)

• Hey Sharry,

For me, the cab of 111 profile is very good, as the one of my Main Old profile. They are my reference for Mesa Boogie tones. So if I switch the amp slot, I will still get the same cab color, only the amp eq and dynamic will differ. Trying other Boogie profiles through my rigs often bring great results.

I was scrolling on the latest profiles available in the Rig Exchange, and when I see new Mesa Boogie, I try them automatically !

I wanted to test how his profiles would work with my cab. It took only 2 minutes actually :)

I have the chance to know exactly what I want to hear, and I know enough the KPA to quickly get how to obtain this :)

About the acoustic pack, I knew from the beginning what to try in order to obtain to get in theory the best result. After, it is a lot of trials and errors and a pure matter of luck :)

For the Pizzutti for instance, I guessed quickly that the Variax system used acoustic a 10 year old guitar impulses technology, and I thought that was the way to go. But it was for piezo pickups, not magnetic pickups ! I always loved Zoom acoustic sims. Not for the tone in general, but for the way it manages to erase the "Magnetic pup tone" during the pick attack. So it became obvious that combining this to acoustic impulses carefully retweaked to my likings in my DAW, and you would be close enough. After, some drastic eq (boosting the High freq and cutting the mids), and with some luck, you get something cool ! The biggest challenge was to avoid the Kemper clipping !!