Djemass official thread (Acoustic sim+Piezo packs available !)

• Hello guys,

Accidents happen and sometimes for the best !

I did a first Studio profiles sessions yesterday at home, with the Sm57 and Fathead, even with my "sick amp". It was very quick to make 39 profiles, differences were mainly on the amp eq and slight mic positioning changes. The Fathead adds a lot of body to the tone !!

The amp finally goes to the doctor tomorrow so I won't have it during about 15 days...

What is interesting is that the problem I have is not captured by the profiling ! So the obtained profiles don't have the problem :)

Anyway, the results are not exactly what I want in term of quality (mic'ing an amp is an art), but if I merge the cab of the studio profiles with my current direct amp profiles made 2 days ago (which are not very good as the amp settings were quite "extreme"), some magic happens !!

Currently, I have 8 Direct amp and 39 studio profiles from which I will only use the cabs > means that virtually I have 8 Direct amps and 312 studio profiles !!! And the few I tested were very very good !!

The direct amp profiles were very bright and agressive, so I had to lower the definition, boosting the Power Sag, Bias and clarity, and it was very nice. In the amp EQ, sometimes perhaps lowering the presence and the treble.

Anyone interested by this first HULK pack ? Used as studio profiles, they are very good, but as Direct amp, I am not sure they are top notch as i can't test them...

A lot of editing to do... but let's have fun :) !!

Once the amp is repaired, I will redo new direct amp profiles.

Any guys use only direct amp profiles, I would like them to test them as direct amp, if possible with a recto cab...

• Yes please! :)

• Yes the previous merged ones were too much aggressive, but still usable for some purpose. :)
    I am looking forward to these new ones.
    Anyway I use only studio profiles and I am still big fan of your "Boogie MARKIIC+ new" profile. Is this profile pure djemass, or does it have something from Thumases profiles?

• What is interesting is that the problem I have is not captured by the profiling ! So the obtained profiles don't have the problem

Yup. That's one of the beautiful things about the Kemper.

I think it was Ace from Skunk Anansie, amongst others, who said that a cherished old, failing and unreliable amp of his was captured perfectly, which in effect brought it back to life.

Isn't that great?

Anyone interested by this first HULK pack ? Used as studio profiles, they are very good, but as Direct amp, I am not sure they are top notch as i can't test them...

I'm sure interested, as I'm sure many others would be too, Gerald.

Studio Profiles are all I use too.

• Yes the previous merged ones were too much aggressive, but still usable for some purpose. :)
    I am looking forward to these new ones.
    Anyway I use only studio profiles and I am still big fan of your "Boogie MARKIIC+ new" profile. Is this profile pure djemass, or does it have something from Thumases profiles?

Hey Peto,

you ou would be nicely surprised by the newest ones as they have the old profiles flavours :)

about the IIC+ new, I am afraid there is some Thumas mojo in them...

• Ludo,

It won't be that difficult ;), last time I was very very close. However the tone in video, even if sounds great as it is, DOES NOT sound like the real amp. It is overproduced and very bassy.

Tonight, I merge everything and later this week I will test each profile to make them sound as I want... Stay tuned

• OK, after a long week to make it ready, the Hulk pack is ready on the mark2cplusprofiled.jimdo.com website. Enjoy.
    I wasn't expecting something good, but it quickly turned out very very well.

There are a ton of profiles. Some are very very close between the first of each serie, and more radical choices at the end of each serie.
    The Hulk Pack here :
    http://mark2cplusprofiled.jimdo.com/

• Thank you Gerald! I hope I will have some time this weekend to check them out. So many interesting profiles go through my KPA lately, and I am even glad, that 4.0 is not released yet. ;)

• What a pack Djemass! Thanks a lot! Here's a demo I recorded on the fly.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

( here I played different riffs.. the first one is off the new album, then from 0:40 I recorded older riffs..!)
    The first one is "101" without EQ engaged and the second one is the 101 w/ EQ engaged.
    The third one is the "102" without EQ and the fourth has the EQ engaged.. then I recorded various DT riffs w/ the profile called 103 w/ EQ engaged!
    I have a doubt, does these rigs already has the Graphic EQ engaged from the boogie itself or the EQ in the 5th slot act like the only graphic eq? Without the Eq the tone sounds softer which is nice for lead stuff instead, when the EQ in on, it tighten up the tone and it sounds better for rhythm in my opinion!

Edited once, last by Ludo95 ().

• Ludo

Great playing !

The 2c+ graphic eq of the amp is used for almost all of the profiles, except for those indicated in the tags. The extra eq is very nice for rhythm. You will see there are profiles perfect for rhythm in the pack ;)

It needs some time to make the full tour
    I could have called it The astonishing pack haha