Remote "Plus" with standalone Performance Mode

• Hi there,

i know that a floorbased Profiler was requested already, but i got a new (at least to me :D ) Idea while showering today and thought i should share it with you ^^

How about a second version of the Profiler Remote that incorporates a standalone performance mode?

It would work like this:
    The remote gets an IEC Power Connnector, an instrument input, stereo outputs (combi-connector), a monitor output and a Master-Volume Knob.
    Also the sound-generating part of the profiler will get integrated as well as a small memory.
    So you basically have a Profiler without controls (apart from the switches on the remote).
    Most of us would use the remote with expression pedals, which are a good bit longer than the remote. So it would make no big difference, if the remote got bigger through these extensions and we could still use the same cases and pedalboards.

(I have to admit, that i have no clue how that "sound-generating part" of the Profiler works or looks like. So maybe that's already the point why it wouldn't work.
    But i hope you understand my thinking :/ )

As soon as you connect the remote to the profiler it will synchronize the saved performances (it will store them to the memory inside the remote).
    Then you can disconnect it, take it to your gig, connect it to the pa (or whatever) and play.

Why would that make sense (to me)?
    Sometimes i play small gigs in churches or want to go to a small jam session.
    In these situations i still want to have my good Kemper-Sounds but want to carry as little as possible.
    Also, i don't need to tweak my sounds during the gig (e.g. i already know how the church effects my sounds).

Now you could just grab your guitar and your pedalboard and you're ready to go.

If i want to tweak profiles, make new profiles, use the browse mode, etc. i can then just take my profiler with me and use the remote as traditional footswitch.

To me, this solution would have some advantages over making an independent Floor-Kemper:
    - The sounds can be edited like before and are always in sync between Remote and Profiler (no double-editing as you basically have only one system with two options to use).
    - The footswitch and it's layout always stays the same, no matter if you take the profiler or only the remote with you.
    - This "Remote Plus" would be no competition to the exisiting Profiler-Versions as it is basically just an extension.

Obviously, this is just an idea that i had this morning and it is totally not thought-out.
    I just thought i might share it with you, so you can comment on it or expand it.

Also i have to say, that I'm not really missing anything right now with my profiler and that i already have to carry MUCH less equipment compared to when i used a 100w tube head and a big pedalboard :rolleyes: . But why not keep streamlining and dreaming of new toys :thumbup:

So please comment, revise, criticize or expand this idea.
    Also please correct my grammar and/or spelling mistakes :D

Regards,
    LH