3.3.0 - Buzzy Switching ?

• Hard one to describe but ; some rigs when browsing have a slight buzz for a second or 2 when loaded and then they right themselves.

This seems to happen randomly. I've only noticed it a few times today. I installed 3.3.0 last night

• It has happened to me once yesterday after installing 3.3.0 - interesting, like this could have smth to do with CABINET part of sound, few moments later I have loaded profile from RM and CABINET button was OFF and I couldn't engage it by pressing it.

• You guys HAVE reported this to support, right? :)

(see my sig for link to opening a support ticket)

I haven't to be honest, 'cause it happened only once, so I couldn't recreate it. Anyway, do you think should I do backup of KPA and send support ticket with short description (even if it's not reproducable)?

• Mhhh... interesting.
    Do you think that a reset affects the backup'ed (backed up?) data?

To be precise, I had(heard) a buzzing, I have made a reset, I haven't made a backup. I'm still on the 3.3beta, but OS is not in the state while it happened. Or correct me if I'm wrong..

• It just has happened NOW. OS 3.3.0, Rig Manager 1.5.34

Using Rig Manager I loaded factory profile "LL - Classic Trash" (I switched from "LL - Chain of Domination") which I store in Local Library.

There was sound like without a CABINET for 2 seconds.

Backup saved, ticket raised. I couldn't reproduce it - I know the steps, but it hasn't happened again.

• Interesting, I noticed this "without cab sound" for a second by loading profile form RM with OS 3.2.1 yet. Not reproducible too. I supported it and Kemper don't believe me by now.

• Interesting, I noticed this "without cab sound" for a second by loading profile form RM with OS 3.2.1 yet. Not reproducible too. I supported it and Kemper don't believe me by now.

I wouldn't say the don't believe you. Just that what is not reproducible in softeware does not exist.

• Not reproducible means if you repeat the rig change from the last to the new profile again there will be no affected sound again. This problem seems to be stochastically. Maybe you need some more time to get this strange behavior for once only. Kemper support asked me to record this but there is no chance.

Just that what is not reproducible in softeware does not exist.

Just it exists! ?(

• Not reproducible means if you repeat the rig change from the last to the new profile again there will be no affected sound again. This problem seems to be stochastically. Maybe you need some more time to get this strange behavior for once only. Kemper support asked me to record this but there is no chance.

Just it exists! ?(

Steps can be reproduced to imitate the same behavior which caused the buzzing, but the buzzing cannot be reproduced (it's not happening again).

Like there are Blue Screens Of Death in Windows and unexpected memory leaks, software is prone to errors, because it is create by humans.

By the way....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

...because it is create by humans.

Yes of course I'm with you.
    But if buzzing is caused by any strange behavior in software it should reproducible too for sure. Anyway the new support tickets will set the trigger again and the Kemper Team will find the problem.

• Yes of course I'm with you.
    But if buzzing is caused by any strange behavior in software it should reproducible too for sure. Anyway the new support tickets will set the trigger again and the Kemper Team will find the problem.

I don't know what's inside backup that Kemper exports, how the software is written, but I would search for a method similar to LoadCabinet() or try to log every invocation of this method - if this is how Kemper OS works. For sure it is software error, there must be a way to investigate it.