Session Expired

• Hate to be a negative nancy but come on. There is no way that the logon credentials last 4 weeks, especially when you login from multiple computers. I have my work laptop and my music workstation at home that I view the forums with. Granted that they may be issued cookies at different times but I still don't think it's even close to 4 weeks. Most annoying on a regular basis to read the forums and either try to post or like someone else's post and have the "Session Expired" warning come up, then logout > login > now try to find the thread you were just on trying to reply. It can even take you back to where you were before you unexpectedly logged out. I would really like to know the reason that private members need to be logged out after 4 weeks (or in my mind randomly earlier). Thanks for your concern. > Back to my morning coffee and perusing this great forum.

• I wrote the same here...

Login

I remembered reading about it and probably should have searched and posted to that. Just wanted to bring to light again. Hopefully others feel the same way, that it is just annoying...... Not on any other forums regularly like this one, so don't know if that is the norm or not.

• Just click on your picture in the top left of the screen. When it drops down and shows the picture again with "My Profile", click *that*.

You're logged in again.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Just reload the page before posting if you get that message. Problem solved.

I often keep a tonne of pages-in-waiting in my dock. I've learned to reload them as soon as I click on them to bring them into full view.

As far as the four-week logged-in thing goes, it's rare that I have to log in. Don't think I've had to do it this year yet. It comes up once in a while, but IME I get way more than four weeks out of it.

• This. You can copy what you've typed, refresh the page and post.

Of course there's an actual issue nevertheless.
    If I open enough threads (15?) and start reading and answering here and there, I often find myself logged out at one stage.

• Thanks guys, I'll try a couple of the different suggestions. I know I've tried refreshing before and that didn't work but we'll see. What ever happened to the check box "Keep me signed in" with no expiration date. First one I've seen with expiration I do believe, for forums that is. Again if it's just a switch then flip it off or if there is a good reason to have it on so be it just let us know why.