Looking for Best Volume Pedal with Remote?

• With my traditional Amp/board I'm use a Tru-Tone Modded Ernie Ball Jr due to the feel/sweep. I always use the Volume Pedal for Dynamics, Swells, and Quiet between Songs. I rarely use Wha, but they are fun. With Kemper, currently using FCB1010 w/ KPA chip. I think I want to go ahead and get the Remote, but what Volume Pedal is best? I was thinking the Mission EP1-KP but I thought it would only do either Volume or Wah, just not together based on their video, and it seemed heavy. However, I saw another thread which seems to say it can default to Volume Pedal, and toe click on the Wah.

Ideal Pedal would be:
    1. Similar sweel/sweep to EB
    2. Light and easy fit into the Green Bag with KPA, Remote, cables, etc.
    3. One Pedal for Volume and Wah would be nice, but I could get a Volume just plug a regular Wah between Guitar and Kemper

Can Mission do both Volume and Wah? If so, which Cables/Connections?

Thanks To All!
    Mel

• I assume you loaded a wah in slot A...
    You don't program the pedal, actually: you can set the Profiler so that when no wah or pitch is active, the pedal responds to volume.

BTW; Dunlop here as well. Very satisfied, but I have never used others so can't compare :)

• Above points are correct - volume when no wah enabled, wah when switch enabled.

I have two Mission pedals - an EP1 and a VM1. Great pedals. Yes, they are heavy, and yes, they are expensive for what amounts to a jack and a potentiometer. But they are solid, look great, have a good feel, etc. I can't vouch for the Dunlop or the Ernie Ball, because I've never tried either, but I'm very happy with the Mission stuff - I don't even think about them when I step on them.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• i did compared in a test
    dvp 3
    mission
    boss 500
    moog ep 3

and the mission ist def the best working pedal
    mission is to expensive and not as good
    moog cost not much and is good too

• Thanks to all for comments, leaning Mission or Dunlop. One last question, if priority is Volume post stomps, if Wah is assigned to stomp A when active, if stomp A is off, can volume still be assigned post stomps? If not, maybe two pedals are best?

• "Where" the volume control takes place is not related to the Volume\wah priority. Those are two different specific settings.

Reading the manuals before spending your money would be a great investment in itself IMO :)

• On the other end of the scale, what suggestions does anyone have for a "budget" expression pedal?
    A bit of a contradiction in essence as anyone who has bought the remote made a commitment to pay for quality but perhaps some users may only use an expression once or twice per gig and not justify an expensive add-on. Or got no money left after buying all the other stuff :love:

(im guessing some users have even recycled an old unwanted wah as a substitute?)

• On the other end of the scale, what suggestions does anyone have for a "budget" expression pedal?

I've got an old Roland EV-5 that has taken tons of abuse over the years and still works just fine. It is now used as volume pedal for my keyboard. I bought it with a Boss ME10 multi-fx-board ages ago, must have been around 1990 or so. It isn't very cheap, but at least less than half the price of the premium units.

• I have the Dunlop DVP1XL, works great. has expression jack as well as regular in and out jacks, and tuner jack. The nice thing about the Dunlop is that the jacks are on the rear, not the side. A side jack wastes valuable real estate in my opinion. (How often to we need room behind a volume pedal as opposed to the left and right of it? That's why I went with it over the popular Mission Pedal

• Just connected two brand new Boss FV-500H's to my Remote the other day and am really, really happy with them.

Cool (hidden to me) feature of the volume pedal was when full heel down [connected to remote, however, would think this is the same with direct connect(?), didn't experience this with Ground Control Pro & EP-11-S], tuner is activated.

• hey Brianiac5150,

Do you have a dead spot on your Boss FV-500H at heel position? Mine has volume off for the first 10% of the pedal range at heel position. Not sure if it's me or all Boss FV-500H.

• For volume I use Dunlop dpv3, also got two moog ep3's that I use for wah and pitch. Both are great pedals...if I had known about the moogs prior to buying the Dunlop I would probably have not bought the Dunlop...
    Purely based on cost.