How to control monitor volume and main output volume separately

• I looked in the Kemper reference manual for this, but I'm still a little confused on how to actually do this.

I'm going to be using the Yamaha DXR10 as my stage monitor via the monitor out. And I'll be sending the signal to the mains direct to FOH via the main L/Output. So exactly how do I set it up so that there are two separate volume controls for the stage monitor output and the main output? I'd like to be able to adjust my stage volume without affecting the main output volume, and vice versa.

Thanks!

• In the output page where you set the volume level for monitor/main, etc. there are buttons on the top to let you unlink those levels and make them independent of one another. That way you can change your monitor level without changing the level to FOH.

• In the Output Menu, Unlink your Main Output from the Master Volume knob, and set the Main Output to -15db. That setting will provide a healthy signal level to the PA, without sending too much signal.

Link your Monitor Output to the Master Volume knob, and you can use it to control the signal you are sending to your monitor :)

So in this case, the Master volume knob would then control my main volume from the stage, and then if the sound guy needs more or less signal, I would go into the Main Output menu and adjust the -15db setting accordingly, correct?

Thanks paults!

• That's correct OhG. That's exactly how I have mine set - I think I have -14.7dB to the house, and the master adjusts the monitor out level + the headphone level (since I'm never using both at the same time).

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack