SPDIF VS DI

• I started a thread on the rigs all sounding alike, but what I discovered is with DI set to master mono I get a good rich sound with the rigs sounding as they should.... different. With SPDIF the only way I can get the rigs to sound different as they should is to use master stereo as there is no master mono selection with SPDIF. The problem with this is having to use a stereo track to record and then panning both knobs left or right. I've tried every mono selection on SPDIF and none are as rich as the the master mono on DI out. Am I missing something here?

• Good question! Ive always thought this about recording, it doesn't make sense to have to use master stereo and then just record one side. Maybe im missing something too. Im not sure why there is no master mono. Im not sure where you found it JeffTD but i cannot!

• As several persons said in the other thread, you should post some clips of different rigs that sounds alike with links for the profiles so we can hear the problem, record clips with our kemper and then compare with yours.

• Sounds strange - post clips? I run Git Studio/Master Mono on my SPDIF all the time, no complaints.

As Viabroce stated, s/pdif out should only be available in stereo... ?(

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• And from going through the SPDIF selections while playing, only SPDIF Master Stereo will utilize all the effects, and Stack sounds like there is no cab impulse.... Why did they not incorporate a master mono on the latest update?

• I'll try gt/master/left once again tonight, but I'll tell you what, I'm getting fantastic results killing the profile cab in the Kemper and using my own impulse generator in my daw. I use the Peavey Revalver cab sim. I can switch speaker, mics, cab size, Mic angle, all those things and it's much faster making adjustments..... This Kemper is absolutely awesome.....

• So better Guitar \ Master Left or Master Stereo?
    I'm using Master Stereo until now but i have a doubt now.
    For me it's the same thing Master Left or Stereo Left
    I'm wrong?

• I'll try gt/master/left once again tonight, but I'll tell you what, I'm getting fantastic results killing the profile cab in the Kemper and using my own impulse generator in my daw. I use the Peavey Revalver cab sim. I can switch speaker, mics, cab size, Mic angle, all those things and it's much faster making adjustments..... This Kemper is absolutely awesome.....

Noooo don't say that, MDL!

I've got many thousands of cab IRs that I collected 10 years ago and more when I built my free reverb IR collection (20GB or so!). I'd planned to try not to touch them once my Kemper signal was in the DAW, especially since I've already imported a couple o' hundred into the Kemper and it proved to be a waste of time due to the inconvenience of scrolling through them all (haven't narrowed them down to favourites as there'd be no point given that I'd still have maybe 15 000 more to go through!).

I'll pretend, therefore, that I didn't hear you.

What? :D

• Not to mention that IRs are static, while a cabinet profile is dynamic... ;)

So better Guitar \ Master Left or Master Stereo?
    I'm using Master Stereo until now but i have a doubt now.
    For me it's the same thing Master Left or Stereo Left
    I'm wrong?

you're right! :)

• I think i didn't get your problem really right but if you use the S/PDIF with "GIT Studio", you are at DI-Level.
    Perhaps you use something like "GIT Master left". That is use ful for Reamping. In one channel you have
    the dry mono signal (for reamping) and in the other the wet signal in mono.
    Perhaps you are struggling with those many possibilities of the Kemper.