Almost had to sell my Kemper, glad to see all of you again

• So I recently made a country change for work, and things were really tight financially. I almost sold my Kemper, hadn't been playing it much and the money would have been handy.

Cut forward almost a year down the line and things are much better. I finally plugged my guitar into my Kemper the other day, fired up rig manager and,,, pure bliss, I'm glad I still have this machine. :love:

I owe some cash to @sinmix for allowing me the use of his excellent Producer Pack for absolutely nothing (what a great guy and his tones are to die for), want to apologise to him for taking so long to cough up the money and will be buying his Producer Pack 2 with my next paycheck. I kid you not, boys and girls, the man really knows how to get the best out of the profiling method. :thumbup:

How have things been with everyone? Seems pretty exciting with morphing coming and perhaps slottable delays in the further future. Hope all is well with you guys!

• Welcome back :)

Good to hear you didn't have to sell your kpa. Tho in a strange way if you need to sell gear, kpa is the least pain vs other things like guitars that you could regret for a very long time. kpa is immune to that, just get another one, update and you are in biz. esp if you keep your profiles (commercial or your own) , wipe the machine, and sell it updated to stable fw.

Lots of stuff around here, exciting times for sure. Crazy buzy for me, but I have a bit of xtra time to post and read. for a little while...24 hrs/day not enuff it seems....

Country and job change is a big deal tho, must have been a lot of stuff to get sorted.

Awesome to hear you finally got some time to plug and play.

Wonder how many people wish they could just take a day or week or so right of, and do nothing but play, noodle, practice something, try some new idea etc. I think there should be a worldwide special holiday dedicated to just music, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%AAte_de_la_Musique would be a good candidate, and it should be a national/global holiday, paid, and mandatory. Also no noise complaints for that day, and everyone has to play at least one note on something.

But enuff nostalgia. Hope things work out really well for you :)

• Thanks, guys.

Glad to hear things are looking brighter for you and welcome back :)

impressive report about Sinmix - that is customer service of the kind you just don't see these days. Very cool :)

Exciting times with morphing coming / more delays so the device we love is continuing to evolve. So, for a Tuesday, life is good :)

I think he just took a liking to me, I've always been a big fan of his work. Hasn't paid off for him yet, unfortunately, but I hope to rectify that by the end of this month.

And while I may sound like a shill touting his work, owing him and all, I can safely point to the other users that have tried out his profiles and loved them. The man does an excellent job.

Morphing sounds like such a cool feature. When I first heard of it, I was like meh, but after watching some videos I was sold. So much potential for changing the texture of a sound in what seems like a very natural way to do it.

I was really railing against the idea of selling the KPA, it has been my No. 1 piece of gear in the three years I've had it. I'd rather sell my guitars than the KPA. Plus, from what I can make out, the price is always going up, so anyone who sells today is going to be sorry tomorrow.

It was the country switch that almost did me in, Singapore is a very expensive country. Rents, even food prices (for example, what you spend on veggies and other food products here would buy you three times of much in the US). But things have stabilised somewhat, working hard will get you places in the corporate slave business. I now have the time to goof off on these forums like everyone else and even manage to sneak in a few hours of guitar practice.

Welcome back, I would hate to have to be in a situation where I'd have to sell my KPA, I feel for ya buddy, at least things didn't get that bad you had to. Yep the FW they showed at NAMM looks pretty good which hopefully they will release soon :)

I was laughing at the number of people who were predicting that it would be released by the end of February in that other thread! Hilarious!