Wah slow reaction time?

• Update: I contacted support about this issue, and their response is to claim no noticeable difference in latency between Remote connection and rear panel connection. However, the latency is there because I can feel the difference when using the wah or the whammy. It is significant enough that I have felt it necessary to buy a real Dunlop Wah pedal and insert it into the FX Loop.

Has no one else experienced this?

My expression pedal is a Boss FV-500H. I wonder whether another expression pedal would make a difference.

I meant to create a thread about this same thing a few months ago.

I'm using the Mission Engineering EP1-KP pedal and also get the same latency hooking it to the Remote. I don't remember how it reacted
    to being plugged into the back of the Kemper, but I will have to try that when I get home today.

I did all the calibration procedures as well.
    Because of this, I also have gone back to using a standard Wah in front of the Kemper.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I meant to create a thread about this same thing a few months ago.

I'm using the Mission Engineering EP1-KP pedal and also get the same latency hooking it to the Remote. I don't remember how it reacted
    to being plugged into the back of the Kemper, but I will have to try that when I get home today.

I did all the calibration procedures as well.
    Because of this, I also have gone back to using a standard Wah in front of the Kemper.

That is interesting. Just when I was thinking I must be imagining it... :/
    I have been considering getting one of those Mission pedals but shall hold fire for now.

BTW, the Rocktron Hex is bloody horrible. You can feel all the teeth on the ratchet as you move the pedal. Ugh.

• That is interesting. Just when I was thinking I must be imagining it... :/
    I have been considering getting one of those Mission pedals but shall hold fire for now.

BTW, the Rocktron Hex is bloody horrible. You can feel all the teeth on the ratchet as you move the pedal. Ugh.

I notice pretty awful lag every now and again on the 4.0 beta, but switching back to 3.3 corrects it. I too have my expression pedal )Mission EP1-KP) plugged in to the Remote.

• I notice pretty awful lag every now and again on the 4.0 beta, but switching back to 3.3 corrects it. I too have my expression pedal )Mission EP1-KP) plugged in to the Remote.

I'm also using 3.3 and have the lag.

The absolute best virtual wah I have is in the Roland GR-55. It sounds great with no lag.
    I still need to try plugging directly into the KPA.

-- Arnold H. Glasow

-- Me

• I'm using it on that song and have the same issue. I'm using a Voodoo Labs GCP and when I plug the exp pedal into the GCP there is a lag that makes it unusable - sounds like I'm moving in slow motion. It reminds me of a slide-whistle I had as a kid. When I plug directly into the Kemper it is fine - a tiny bit of lag but virtually unnoticeable, so it is still usable. I was going to get a Kemper remote, but apparently there are issues using that as well. Oh well, I'll just zip-tie my trs and midi cables together and call it a day :(

• I have the same issue when using my GCP, it's fine when plugged directly into the Kemper . I think the Kemper responds slowly to midi.
    I have given up on Kemper wah and just use one in front of it.

• I've tried plugging my Mission EP1-KP directly into the back of the KPA and it does react faster then plugging it into the Remote. Since I've found some good presets thanks to Monkey Man's compilation of other forumite's presets, I've decided that since I have to run the CAT cable back to the Kemper, one more cable is worth it.....at least until they fix the lag.

-- Arnold H. Glasow

-- Me

• I sometimes have the same issues when plugging into the remote (using pedal pitch or wah). It isn't a constant lag, sometimes it works flawlessly, so kt probably isn't a constant latency issue.
    I haven't tried plugging directly into the Kemper yet, so I can't be 100% sure if it's the Kemper or the pedal,which doesn't work properly.

• I also have the lag, latest OS as of 3/30/17 and Mission EP1-KP pedal. I've only used it from the remote and not the back of the KPA but I'll try it tonight. If I were to guess I'd say 100-200mS range. If I am curious enough I could always bring a scope home, with one channel connected with a Y to the Mission and another channel to the Main Out and probably get a good idea. Unless I'm missing something I think it would be impossible for a pedal as mentioned above to be the culprit if its the standard mechanical linkage to potentiometer setup.

• I also have the lag, latest OS as of 3/30/17 and Mission EP1-KP pedal. I've only used it from the remote and not the back of the KPA but I'll try it tonight. If I were to guess I'd say 100-200mS range. If I am curious enough I could always bring a scope home, with one channel connected with a Y to the Mission and another channel to the Main Out and probably get a good idea. Unless I'm missing something I think it would be impossible for a pedal as mentioned above to be the culprit if its the standard mechanical linkage to potentiometer setup.

I find that I have to calibrate the pedal in the system settings every time I boot the machine, in order to reduce the lag when connected to the Remote. Connecting directly to the back of the KPA doesn't yield any discernible lag at all, and in my experience, doesn't need calibrating more than once, the first time you attach the pedal.

• I'm using the EP1-KP plugged into the remote and getting noticeable and consistent lag as well. The only reason I got the EP1 pedal was to make sure I had a normal wah type of setup for live, but after using a few of the Kemper wahs and messing around with various settings and setup in rehearsals and on a couple gigs... I've come to the conclusion that the lag makes the Kemper wah via controller and remote an unusable option. You can still use the wah for filtered tones, but if it's rhythmic wah that locks in with the rhythm section the delay puts the wah horribly out of time. Frustrating waste of money on a controller for this... I would have done better to just buy another RMC8 or XW-1