New Life

• I've got a bunch of guitars (including a Schecter with EMGs), and each one sounds different through the KPA. Here's a hint on taming those active pickups: Just lower them WAY down. I have mine really low, and it made all the difference in the world for turning a flame-throwing screamer into a classic rock machine.

• Great story, Inthrutheout!
    Just out of curiosity, have you ever set Clean Sens and Distortion Sens for each of your guitar and locked the Input? :saint:

:D

Yes I set the clean and distortion sens a while back. No updates would have changed that, would they?
    Locked the input? Don't recall that. May have but not sure.

Once I was set up I pretty much stayed out of the settings. So it has been a while.

• I've got a bunch of guitars (including a Schecter with EMGs), and each one sounds different through the KPA. Here's a hint on taming those active pickups: Just lower them WAY down. I have mine really low, and it made all the difference in the world for turning a flame-throwing screamer into a classic rock machine.

I have the EMGs hovering just below a string buzz I believe. :D
    I will definitely give it a try.
    Will it "seperate the strings" as my new Teli does? Sound wise.

• Yes I set the clean and distortion sens a while back. No updates would have changed that, would they?
    Locked the input? Don't recall that. May have but not sure.

Once I was set up I pretty much stayed out of the settings. So it has been a while.

This would make a big difference, specially for the amount of distortion... you should be sure you use the proper settings for each of your guitars if you don't like the way they react to volume, lock the input, and use a different input preset for each of them (takes seconds).
    If you don't do that active PUs will most probably have a lot of distortion (even tho, as nightlight pointed out, they will always have less dynamic than passive ones).
    Also, if you don't lock the input, CS and DS settings will be inherited by the rig you're using, thus changing every time depending on the original profiler's choices when saving the rig.
    It's worth a check ;)

HTH

• Active pickups are never going to be as dynamic as passive ones when you turn the volume down, the circuitry doesn't react in the same manner.

I use EMGs because they have a very tight sound for metal and a certain scooped character that would be desirable in this kind of music.

To get the full tone of EMGs, the higher the better.

The higher the better.
    That is the way I always understood it for them.

• This would make a big difference, specially for the amount of distortion... you should be sure you use the proper settings for each of your guitars if you don't like the way they react to volume, lock the input, and use a different input preset for each of them (takes seconds).
    If you don't do that active PUs will most probably have a lot of distortion (even tho, as nightlight pointed out, they will always have less dynamic than passive ones).
    Also, if you don't lock the input, CS and DS settings will be inherited by the rig you're using, thus changing every time depending on the original profiler's choices when saving the rig.
    It's worth a check ;)

HTH

I never even looked into the presets on the KPA.
    Well, wherever everything is set now, the Teli sounds really good.
    I am sure somebody with a whole lot more experience could have this thing sounding even more awesomer.

I will definitely look into what you say.

Basically all of what I have done with my KPA , settings wise has been-
    Clean sens
    Dist sens
    Set up wah
    LED brightness
    Set up two rig up and down pedals
    Just recently I bought 2 DXR 10s and set up the Bass Treble and Presence in the output.
    Maybe another thing or two. Cant think of much more.

Hell, to this day, over a year now and I may have messed with the effects only a couple times.
    I have never used performance mode either.
    I have been meaning to but the idea was to do all of this once I got my sound just right.

• CS will avoid that you clip the Input and at the same time that you have a robust signal for the optimal headroom and digital noise. DS will help you tweak the amount of distortion for a certain guitar.
    The point is that, if you don't lock the Input, its value will vary with each rig, so your settings get lost ASA you change rig. If you lock it, the setting for say an active PU won't fit a passive strato, and the other way around.
    Saving a setting is just a matter of pressing Store when you alter the parameters. I've given my settings the names of my guitars (just Browse through them after creating them).

HTH :)