longer delay time option for Frippertronics-like looping without looper

• I would like to use the analog tape delay for frippertronics-like continuous layering of notes while fading out older ones.
    The current max delay time of 1280ms is far too short for this.
    20 or perhaps 30 seconds would be great.

I can not use the built-in looper because i don't have the remote.
    And I understand it would be a lot of work to make the looper feature available for devices like the FCB1010 that i use, so I don't expect that to happen.

On the other hand, increasing the available delay time might be easier.

• It's not too complicated to make the looper on the Kemper work, but as I understand it, the FCB1010 can only send two CC messages at one time. This means to activate functions on the looper, you would have to press one button and then one more, to send a total of four messages each time.

BTW, Frippertronics as you describe it wouldn't be possible with the looper. It doesn't fade out sounds, they will continue to play with each loop cycle and additional layers will just stack up with nothing disappearing.

• Here's a profile I created for Fripp tones circa 1979

dial back the mid's and treble to suit your guitar/pickups

• Pigtronix Infinity Looper: Loop Aging

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I would assume that this looper would function really well on the output of the KPA or perhaps even in the effects loop? Typically we loop prior to the amp but it's nice to loop effects as well. So you could use this looper in conjunction with the looper built into the KPA

manual

https://www.pigtronix.com/wp-c…0/SPLManual_2.0_FINAL.pdf

Pigtronix Infinity Looper: Using Expression Pedals

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You can use the expression pedal to alter the rate of loop decay as well as loop volume.

The variloop sounds odd but different strokes... what is cool is that you can change variloop by sending midi notes so you could have the loop jump in pitch around in time to your midi clock ~ could be interesting.

https://pigtronix.com/infinity/#instructional-videos

MIDI mapping

MIDI Control Changes (CCs)
    MIDI can be used to control many specific functions of the Infinity via a properly configured MIDI controller.
    Like MIDI Sync, MIDI mapping is always enabled, so that MIDI foot controllers, Ableton, and other devices or software can control parameters of the Infinity Looper.
    A Full MIDI Map is provided. The behavior of individual commands (CC: control change) is broken down into 4 types of control:

Cycle/Toggle
    Any value of these MIDI CC/Note messages toggles or cycles through the available options, changing to the next selection.

Mapped
    The value (0-127) of these MIDI CC/Note messages sets the value of the parameter.

Loop-Assignable
    Specific values of these MIDI CC/Note messages triggers the action for Loop 1 Only (0), Loop 2 Only (1), the currently Armed Loop Only (2), or Both Loops (3).

Switch
    The value of these MIDI CC/Note messages determines whether the message acts like a switch press or delivers specific type (short or long) of switch press.

A value of 0 is not pressed, a value of 127 is pressed. For MIDI controllers that send 127 when pressed and 0 otherwise, this type of command lets the MIDI footswitch act like the buttons (hold for 2 seconds for a long press, or less for a short press).

So you could get DAW software (Cubase, Ableton, Logic etc) to send midi info to change things or better yet set up a midi controller so you're not bent over pushing buttons to get to some of these features. I'm thinking it would be best to map some of these things to a midi controller and affect them from the standing position.