Any word on 4.0 yet?

• My mirrorball (Not stolen from Sarumann) predicts a Kpa 2 in 2018 with dual amp features and maybe stomp profiling. Floorunit of Kpa2 later that year with fewer buttons so it needs an editor:) New features will be built in wireless system, editor same as floorunit, bluetooth, 96k spdif, optional Kemper frfr, thunderbolt connection and a KMBBD Kemper micro brewery beer dispenser for that space in the back:P

• Being an engineering manager, I would argue for a lower cost floor model of the Kemper for the next "big thing". If you can get a product out below the 1K price point, you can really raise the volume. This has a huge effect on a company since it gives you much more cash flow to work with, allows you to get parts less expensively since the volumes are greater, and puts your company name out there in a much bigger way.

If all the proposed KPA II we are talking about here was going to do was add dual rig capabilities (over the existing model), it would not even be close to justifying a redesign. Redesigns are God awful expensive.... more so than anyone ever manages to anticipate. Getting your ROI (Return on Investment) would be impossible if all you did was add a few features (those darned engineers are expensive!).

Kemper has the distinct advantage of having an approach that is vastly superior to any of their competition. Assuming that this approach has been patented, and that CK is not opposed to litigation to protect his great IP (Intellectual Property), I see no reason to believe that the KPA will not continue to enjoy an advantage in Tone over all other digital products (and be the equal of most tube amps).

I see no reason for CK to invest in a KPA II at this time (in fact, I would argue that he should keep making this model for many years to come since no other product can hold a candle to it where it is strongest ... ie tone).

At some point in time, CK will find it difficult to get his DSP chips. There will be no choice but to redesign at that point. Until then, I would work on the cost down floor model using the existing architecture so that all the algorithms and validation work done for the KPA would just come along for the ride.

It's called "bang for the buck".

I would hold off on a new DSP until I could at least triple the processing power of the current product at the same price point and same or lower thermal envelope, and then release an entire line of new products (rack, toaster, floor unit) based on the same technology. This also aids in economy of scale since all 3 products use the same parts.

.... And I think April 1 would be the PERFECT day for a 4.0 release :)

• 5 is 4 if you add 6 minus seven...

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• <p>Line 6 just released an editor for the Helix. Not that I want one for the Kemper. But their wheels are turning at a different speed sadly!</p>

Not really sure why you felt the need to insert paragraph tags there, but, that aside, Line 6 is backed by Yamaha. Kemper is Kemper - a smaller company with two products, no sub-companies or partnerships. Getting a dedicated editor means development time, debugging, cross platform support, and, on top of all that, paying the developers to build the thing. It's different when you have talent you can just tell to "hey build this thing," it's another when you have limited resources and a small company.

Yes, there's rig manager. Yes, it's cross platform. But the only update its really had since I picked up my Kemper about a year ago was the addition of performances. There's still no real editing, and ckemper has gone on record saying that probably wouldn't ever be a thing.

There's one called Toaster that's open source and works via MIDI. Look into it if that's what you need.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• I'm sure there will be a 3.31 & 3.32 before a 4.0. If a company is going to come out and broadcast great new things with an actual time window, they should at least keep you updated along the way when that date has vanished. I have some software from some small companies I used, and that is what they do, even though really small and working hard, they take the time to send out constant mass emails of progress or post on a forum like this one. But maybe it is a German thing, ENGL and Schaller always takes 6 months to get back to me, haha. And really, morphing? I could see that as an interesting side item to use once in a while, but not all the time obviously. Hopefully it will not jst be the focus of that one thing. A real upgrade would be better delays / reverbs / etc to make it more of a complete box with less need for pedals / other rack add ons. An editor only makes sense. Everyone else has one. And yes, the Kemper has a very simple layout, but a big giant computer screen with super fast point and click is the ultimate advantage for the fastest edits and adjustments. Period. The rig manager is just ok. If amazing new upgrades are not possible, than a Kemper 2 is in order. Always an opportunity to make some changes and put a bigger engine under the hood. A floor model would suck. Pedalboards get beat up. Unless you sit in a studio or music room only. Who wants to crawl on the floor or slump way over to make changes? The setup now is perfect, the pedal board now is great, just what you need, and the rack/head is nice and safe from drunks and mishaps. I like my rack up high where I can see it / adjust it. Some of the best gear I have ever owned kept to the quality meat & potatos of what a musician needs vs bells/sirens/ufos and other fluff that clogged up other gear. Also, if there is a Kemper 2, I would include even more connection possibilities, maybe a second effects loop. Guitarists always have their secret weapons, and most of the time, regardless of the gear, you have that 'one thing' that just doesn't quite fit in the design of your gear, and you end up going out and spending $$$ for all kinds of switchers and such to make a few special ideas work.