Any word on 4.0 yet?

• @Dean_R: please understand that it's your very own problem (with me obviously) to mingle a completely different thread with is one, of which I never said it was useless.
    So I'd appreciate if you didn't put words in my mouth.

As for how long this thread will last:
    I'm sure it will stop the moment Kemper choose to release FW 4.
    ;)

Ingolf:
    I don't have a problem with you, I know you're a very helpful member in this forum and I appreciate that, but every now and then I read somethings you write that I disagree with and that's all there's to it.
    recap: Two things you said in the context of this conversation:

First "This thread will only end after every member of the forum will have stated his opinion."

Second: "I'm sure it will stop the moment Kemper choose to release FW 4. "

Clearly, I'm not trying to stop you from saying whatever you want to say, but I like your second statement better.

Have wonderful day.

• :thumbup: Nice Sam!!!

• @Dean_R: Thank you, of course I appreciate you as a fellow Kemper user and author of interesting, original, and constructive posts as well, even though I don't always necessarily agree with you, which is fine.

Have a great day, too, I just got back from one of the first sunny spring days which I spent at the Baltic Sea.
    I feel refreshed now. ;)

• Kumbayah! :D

SamBro', that gorgeous little ditty can be summed up thusly, I feel:

Chinese whispers meet "Daddy, are we there yet?" :D

EDIT: Rolling with the theme of Kumbayah, I feel the (now very redundant in my case!) need to reiterate to all and sundry that I love you guys. I seriously appreciate all the goodwill and varying perspectives shared in this, our little second home. Dammit, it could be argued, IMHO, that if the world operated as we do, it'd be... an awesome place. I know, I know... it is an awesome place, but you know what I mean...

• @Dean_R: Thank you, of course I appreciate you as a fellow Kemper user and author of interesting, original, and constructive posts as well, even though I don't always necessarily agree with you, which is fine.

Have a great day, too, I just got back from one of the first sunny spring days which I spent at the Baltic Sea.
    I feel refreshed now. ;)

Well deserved Ingolf. I'm glad we cleared that out. Disagreeing with you is by no means judging you or vice Versa. Actually if I had to judge you, and I'm told I'm a very good judge of character by my wife, I would say you're one of the nicest members on this board. As Monkey man says, I honestly can't think of anyone on this forum that I don't consider nice, even those who disagreed and joked at my expense. I don't take these discussions personal.

Edited 2 times, last by Dean_R ().

• I would say that, at a bare minimum, all Kemper owners have a great ear for tone, and are incredibly intelligent individuals.

I hear that there is a study in the American Journal of Medicine this month that conclusively shows that owning a Kemper not only improves your guitar tone, but also:

• Reduces your risk of cancer
    • Makes you better looking
    • Greatly improves your sex life

Just imagine what the benefits of the new 4.0 firmware may lead!

• I would say that, at a bare minimum, all Kemper owners have a great ear for tone, and are incredibly intelligent individuals.

I hear that there is a study in the American Journal of Medicine this month that conclusively shows that owning a Kemper not only improves your guitar tone, but also:

Spend some time surfing through the Rig Exchange and you might just come to the conclusion that not all ears are created equal... ;)

• LOL...just keeping it real. :D

There certainly are a few gems on there but they are few and far between.

Also...being completely honest here...I find the commercial profiles that everyone here seems to be absolutely gaga over to be...meh. But I'm more of a classic rock Marshall oriented guy and that doesn't seem to be the wheelhouse of that particular profile author.

Also...being completely honest here...I find the commercial profiles that everyone here seems to be absolutely gaga over to be...meh. But I'm more of a classic rock Marshall oriented guy and that doesn't seem to be the wheelhouse of that particular profile author.

I have the Marshall mini-pack, and I really like quite a few of the profiles in there. The trick for me was in selecting the profiles with the cabs that sounded best (for me), which turned out to be (IIRC) the V30s.

When do the benefits kick in? Did I get shafted because I bought used?

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

Then why not just profiling your own amps with their best setups to you ears? The Profiler has been made for this. ;)

• @sambrox well done!

But, post an MP3, or it didn't happen :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

;)

• Amen to that. About 99% of the profiles there are pure garbage.

If you strip 99% of the profiles of all effects and use your own EQ and reverb or delays settings, you will notice that underneath what might sound like "garbage", is pure gold. I don't know how it works but relatively most profiles aren't effected by variations in guitar used to a certain degree, but the EQ and reverb settings, can sound terrible from one guitar to another.

If you don't believe me, go to Rig exchange and search for "Hays". Since you like Marshalls, he's profiled quite of few marshalls. With minimal tweaking, all his profiles are as good as or better than any other commercial profiles I've heard or played out there. He's got lots of profile, close to a hundred and most if not all are quite good. Just change reverb and EQ to taste.
    There are many others that have excellent free profiles. so the ratio of good is definitely more than 1%. It's actually a lot more than 60% if you isolate the amps you're interested in after you strip the effects and add yours to your liking,

Here's what I do if i'm interested in the amp type but the profile doesn't sound right:
    1-Remove or turn all effects off, 2- Also AMP parameters can be reset. What I do is put. tube shape to 3.3., compressor to zero, Bias to zero, Power Sag to zero. 3- Make sure that cab parameter "HI an low EQ shifts at center (then change later if needed)".

I notice that for my purposes I usually increase the "clarity parameter". Within a few minutes I can turn what might initially sound as useless to a terrfic profile that works for me. I think this would work for most users if they try it.

Edited once, last by Dean_R ().

• I agree Dean about stripping everything back and locking the FX slots off. Works for me.

The Pure Cab™ feature obviously helps tremendously too, and that feature alone has transformed my appreciation of (and hit : miss ratio on) the exchange. A good proportion of home profilers aren't exactly experts at mic'ing technique and phase minimisation, and Pure Cab™ is the antidote.

Where you tend to reach for Clarity, I tend to go for Definition first, but our modus operandi is the same.

• That could be a paragraph in the WiKPA! Thank you, Dean. My personal ratio is about 10%, but at 7K+ is not bad at all. :)

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.