If money weren't a factor Rjm mastermind gt or the remote ???

• Def Remote
    its just as simple to hook up, works out of the Box,
    all new 4.0 Version Morph Features can be controlled even
    with only the Buttons.
    Its very solid build, you got all pedal and switch inputs you need
    at the remote and it needs no extra power, so you have all you need
    via 1 Cable
    When you have the Money, its 50 Euro cheaper now than since release,
    buy it.

• INTERESTING.. LOTS OF SUPPORT FOR REMOTE IT SEEMS. I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED SOMEONE TO CHIME IN FOR RJM BY NOW AT 3X $ BUT QOUTING EXTREME VERSATILITY, NEVER OUTGROW ETC...

• I think people are getting lazy (in a positive way). ;)
    With the Profiler growing into a pretty complete ecosystem for simple and medium complex setups, there is very little need to control plenty of additional (external) gear. People love the fact that you can do pretty much everything with just the Profiler and the Remote (well, adding a guitar won't hurt either).
    No need for extended controller programming sessions, racks full of outboard gear, a confusing maze of MIDI wires, etc. ... keep it simple and effective, focus on your music. That's quite a bit of relief for some (me included).

Ask yourself if the added "technical flexibility" of a programmable controller really adds to your musical flexibility. You might be surprised that technical flexibility can easily get in the way of your musical flexibility. ;)

• I think people are getting lazy (in a positive way). ;)
    With the Profiler growing into a pretty complete ecosystem for simple and medium complex setups, there is very little need to control plenty of additional (external) gear. People love the fact that you can do pretty much everything with just the Profiler and the Remote (well, adding a guitar won't hurt either).
    No need for extended controller programming sessions, racks full of outboard gear, a confusing maze of MIDI wires, etc. ... keep it simple and effective, focus on your music. That's quite a bit of relief for some (me included).

Ask yourself if the added "technical flexibility" of a programmable controller really adds to your musical flexibility. You might be surprised that technical flexibility can easily get in the way of your musical flexibility. ;)

Remote for sure for the reasons as noted above.

• I never looked into the remote too much because i was under the impression it couldn't handle external effects on a pedal by pedal basis. If i'm wrong apologies. The RJM can i'm sure so that would make it the best option for me. If your not in a serious touring band or gig then probably the remote makes the most sense based on ease of use and price.

• Yes true! In the real world people should buy what they need but all I ment here was that the remote does have some limitations and considering that money isn't the issue then perhaps the more flexible RJM would not be a bad shout.

• Considering that the Kemper team seems to put its energy on adding quality and creative new FXs I would definetly go for the remote to keep it as simple and effective as possible.

But if you are an FXs geek and like to buy new pedals regularly and are not afraid of complicated rig then maybe the Mastermind is a better fit for you.

I'm in the first category and would go for the Kemper Remote! :thumbup:

• What I love in the Remote is how easy it is to program it and use its functions. Pretty sure things will proceed along this road. To not mention cables mess as lightbox was.

And... ultimately... I love having the clock on the display :D

• Sticking with my Liquid Foot remote setup. Flexible and you control what buttons do what, where they show up on the pedalboard, etc. There is programming required so ease of use is different from the remote for sure, but being color challenged as I am, I need the displays for each button rather than colored LEDs so I can read each Stomp/FX slot

Very happy that Kemper has allowed external midi control of most significant parameters like looper, etc.
    very happy here!

• Thanks to all for your thoughts... I've put the remote on order thinking I can always sell it without much of a loss if unhappy and get the liquid foot or Rjm mastermind which both definitely give you control and flexibility.. I do like control over my effects but I'm hoping to get to a point where I won't need or want any external effects. Kemper seems to be getting better with reverbs and delays plus morphing So........

• I'd say it all depends on how much external gear you use with it. If you only need a single effects loop and midi control over no more than two pieces of gear, there's no reason for anything more complex than the Kemper Remote, unless you just have to have visual stomp access to every single slot. n my personal opinion though, it's probably less work overall to need a few more rigs using just the Remote with its limits, versus the extra programing work that you'll need to do with the RJM-so that you can have the extra flexibility. Thus it really depends on your needs.

• For me and my lonely 2cents. I'm still up in the air. I have been using a remote since they came out and love the function, but not the switch layout. I do use it to control patch changes on my GR55 and it does that just fine.
    More then once I have found myself on stage stepping on the wrong button or hitting the tuner while turning on/off the delay. I have already blocked the looper switch so it won't activate. Maybe it's because I sing on most songs and can only take a quick glance at the remote, but for now It's barely working for me
    positives are it's functionality with the KPA , the abiity to add more switches and expression pedals, and built like a tank :thumbup: