Behring FCB10101 and Kemper4uno chip problem

• I am new to the forum just kinda confused on where to put this please move if necessary. Anyways the issue i am having is with the the footswitch i recently just bought the uno 4 kemper 1.3 firmware chip and installed it in the footswitch the problem i am having is that the kemper is not recognizing it. i plugged it into the midi in in the kemper and the midi in in the footswitch. it allows me to tap 1-5 and switch the footswitchs from the presets. But i can not figure out how to assign them. As if it wont let e. I have tried the ways to get it to program but no luck. Maybe some of you guys can help me troubleshoot this so i can get this pedal working with the kemper. Also I got the beta 3.3 for the kemper if that helps do i need a different software update for the kemper? Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out.

Also when button 10 pushed it starts the tempo button.

• Hi Mick,

first off, the midi connection should go from FCB's Midi OUT to Kempers Midi IN (maybe it was just a typo in your post?)
    To have the lights on the remote reflecting the on-off states of effects, use the tuner, etc. you also need a Midi cable from Kempers Out to FCB's in.

Then it is pretty much plug and play. Turn to Performance Mode and you can access the 5 Performance-Slots via the lower row of footswitches on the FCB (or the upper row if you set it that way, this can be found in the manual of the Uno4Kemper-Chip).

Does this solve your problem?

• Your description is a bit confusing as to your problem. From what I can gather I would check the following, midi cables connected correctly as mentioned, in to out and out to in. midi cables can go bad or be defective when brand new also. I think based on the description of your problem its possible the footcontroller is working but your not changing rigs the way you expected ? does this sound like the problem ? Rigs need to be and can be assigned midi program change #s from within the kemper system menu. This will determine their order for midi controllers. Also, if connected properly , with the kemper already booted up you should be able to power on fcb and see a popup on kemper dislay showing uno4kemper connected............ When all else fails http://www.uno4kemper.com/UnOforKemper_manual.pdf

• Sorry I have it connected now I am trying to figure out how to assign my custom made channels to banks 1-5. Also i noticed in performance mode that I can use the effects how would i assign a certain effect to the top banks. Thanks in advance.

• When you turn to Performance Mode, the first five switches in the lower row of the FCB will give you access to the five slots of the performace. You can switch performances with the rightmost switches of both rows (up and down). You don't have to program anything for it to work.

Regarding the effects:
    You don't actually "assign" certain effects to a footswitch. You can program, which footswitch of the upper row will control a certain effects slot. (e.g. the first switch of the upper row always controls Stomp A.)
    To do this, you can follow the simple steps of the Uno4Kemper manual.

I hope i understood your problem correctly

• Sorry I have it connected now I am trying to figure out how to assign my custom made channels to banks 1-5. Also i noticed in performance mode that I can use the effects how would i assign a certain effect to the top banks. Thanks in advance.

You must setup a midi program change number for the rigs you want to save a preset for on the kemper then follow uno4k instructions

• Ok how would i assign the new tones i have created to a number? I am still pretty new to this. I am also trying how to figure out how to get the wah and volume pedals to work? I was trying to assign them in browser mode but the only way they seem to work is in performance mode if I manually set them on the preset. Thanks in advance.

• Ok got the presets to work now I am trying to figure out how to get the wah and volume pedals to work. Any tips or advice like a step by step would be nice thanks again. I tried following the uno manual but no luck.

• The Wah and Volume pedals should be set up correctly after you installed the Uno4Kemper Chip.
    For the Wah to work, you just need to load a Wah Effekt into one of the effect slots (e.g. Stomp A).
    In the Effect-Menu of the Wah you can choose how the Effekt ist turned on (e.g. Bypass @ Stop).
    When the Effect Slot of the Wah is active everything should work fine.

The Volume-Pedal should also work right away. To change how the pedals works, you can go into Rig-Menu on the Kemper. There are options for the Volume-Pedal (e.g. Place of the Volume Pedal in the signal chain, range, etc.)

• Ok got the presets to work now I am trying to figure out how to get the wah and volume pedals to work. Any tips or advice like a step by step would be nice thanks again. I tried following the uno manual but no luck.

I had to go through a pedal calibration procedure on the FCB when I got mine, then they just started to work.
    Just google for FCB and calibration and You will find instructions.

• I also tried re calibrating it with holding 1&5 and it gives me a F0 display on the controller and when i move the expression pedal it seems to move the numbers around. I even did the self test and it does not give me anything for using the wah. I can activate the effect wtih the kemper but it does not let me control the wah it with the footswitch. Any input on that would be nice as of right now the stomps work but the expressions do not. This is truley confusing to me. Thanks again if anyone can help me out. I tried resetting it and what not but no luck.

• Ok I got the wah to start working but the volume does not seem to wanna work. If i go from a different preset from the wah channel and i put my heel down on the wah pedal the tuner activates. Is there a way i can get the volume to work as a volume? Thanks again guys.