Forum rules.

• Simple

I got 2 warnings already, ain't gonna discuss if I deserved or not, mods have the final say. Mods are Gods here.
    But just out of curiosity I wonder if we have any formal "Kemper Profiler User Forum" rules? I have registered 4 years go and can't remember any that I've accepted. I also haven't found anything on my account.
    I know that minding your language, being polite, not bumping own threads and keeping topic on track is the way to go.

I would appreciate to see any simple rules like:

- 1 particular warning has a lifetime of 1 month (or it is permanent until 5 collected)
    - 5 warnings put you on hold for a week
    - after you're quiet enough for specific timespan, each of your 5 particular warnings expire, you're "clear"
    - when you have 5 warnings active, another warning results in permanent ban

Thanks

• I think it is important, that the mods keep an eye on inappropriate posts, but i don't think we should make a mathematical equation out of that.
    Everyone should just try not be a jerk. If someone crosses the line the guys at Kemper can discuss what should be done (and as far as i noticed, they have handled those situations well in the past).

Not making inappropriate posts should be the normality, so why make rules about the allowed degree of inappropiateness?

At least that is my opinion.
    I'm sure you only had the best intentions when suggesting that system, so please don't think of this post as an offense or anything like that. :thumbup:

Regards,
    LH

• No, I don't take your suggestions as offence. It just came out that I was twice a jerk, once bumping my own thread in "feature requests" and second time making a joke thread titled "OS 4.0 is ready for download" Inside: "Linux Mint 4.0 is ready for download". I also didn't have bad intentions doing both.

I believe this community is self maintaining well after being part of it for so long time.
    But if the simple rules are described somewhere, why not post them ;) If there aren't any, then let's temper our tongues.

My 2c.

• 2 warnings in 1,778 posts... it's nothing for the best joker of this forum!!! 8o

But now I'm not joking :D

Anyway

- Do not bump you own threads(even if you think your feature request is valuable)
    - Think about the joke you wanna make ;) Sensitive event like long awaited OS 4.0 is not best topic to make jokes of...

There is anyway jokes thread, where I often post, even after my own posts Musicians jokes

• Actually, since I've just learned through a post by G-String something I ignored (that is, with 5 warnings you are out), knowing something more as per the OP would actually be adequate IMO.
    Rules are rules after all.

• Actually, since I've just learned through a post by G-String something I ignored (that is, with 5 warnings you are out), knowing something more as per the OP would actually be adequate IMO.
    Rules are rules after all.

Part of rules borrowed from competition:

This is a friendly group, which abides by just a few simple rules. If you cannot follow the rules you will be warned.

Three warnings will result in a temporary ban of 30 days.
    Further infractions will result in a ban of 90 days.
    After that you will be banned permanently.

Moderators and admins may also skip right to the banning at their discretion.

• While I do value the social aspect of the forum, I think that anything that can be done to improve the signal-to-noise ratio in some of the more serious topic areas and help folks find the information they need, when they need it, would be a good thing.

• there were a hand full of people who had to leave the forum because it was just getting out of hand. and believe me, we have no joy booting people off. at the same time, we will not sit down and define more rules, what would it help? do you think people stopping to misbehave because there are rules for penalties? so, skorczy - we will not follow your request and define what doesn't need to be defined. just read the netiquette and think before you post. nobody wants you off the board if you think that could happen anytime soon.

and especially for you heavy weight posters: maybe think twice. some people have to dig through all that noise. thank you!

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• there were a hand full of people who had to leave the forum because it was just getting out of hand. and believe me, we have no joy booting people off. at the same we will not sit down and define more rules, what would it help? do you think people stopping to misbehave because there are rules for penalties? so, skorczy - we will not follow your request and define what doesn't need to be defined. just read the netiquette and think before you post. nobody wants you off the board if you think that could happen anytime soon.

and especially for you heavy weight posters: maybe think twice. some people have to dig through all that noise. thank you!

if it was feature request, I'd put it to proper subforum to obey good practices ;) it was just heads up. ain't gonna teach you game rules on your ground 4 sure ;)

• In the end, keep to ideas, not persons, in your comments. That's pretty much it.

This formula helps me:
    Do not drink and X (where X = the set of {drive, post, sky dive, dive, run down the street naked, take narcotics} )

I'm not saying I'm perfect, but when I do run down the street, I'm sober. (most of the time)