Wah To Vol - from the scratch!

• Ok.. I still can't believe, this does not work or that I am really the only one trying this.
    That is why I ask again. I think, I am misunderstood or do not understand, what you are trying to tell me...
    What I want is:
    In all rigs except one: Pedal as volume (booster) pedal. No wah needed here
    In one rig: wah pedal. I dont need the volume here. Only wah.
    Sounds so easy, but I dont make it.
    As soon as I select the pedal function to be wah in system menu page 9, wah works in my single rig where I want it, but in all other, volume pedal does not work, ALTHOUGH wahtovol is ticked in Rig Menu page 3.
    If I select volume in system menue, volume works, but - of course - wah does not.

So am I really so stupid or does this just not work?!? I cant beleive, I am the only one trying this as?
    I really think, I misunderstood something - because I just cannot believe, noone uses it like I am trying to do? How do YOU use it?

• Have you made sure that the wah stomp settings are OK? Bypass@stop? On? Or off?

No, I did not checked this.
    But my wah is always active in one rig - so, does this matter?
    Again: I have several rigs with ONLY volume, no wah active or present. And just one rig with ONLY wah, active by default.
    This should be damn simple?!?

I locked the volume pedal - is this a problem? But a sit says "wahpedal to volume pedal", wah should take over, when I switch to that single rig... And volume should be active in all other rigs.

• Even if the LED light is on on the stomp, light not mean that it is active. Press and hold the wah stomp until you reach the settings, and check if the expression pedal settings are correct. It should be either "on" or "bypass@stop/heel/toe".

• Ok, great, I will check this (after work...).
    But wah works, as soon as I switch the pedal function to wah (in system menu). Does that mean anything?
    Of course it does not work, if I switch pedal function to volume... Which makes sense to me.
    What dies not make sense to me, is that volume does not work, as soon as I switch function to wah and tick wah to volume active.

In another thread I found, that the swithcing in one rig does not work, as soon as my volume setting is above zero. I lowered this requirement, and do not want to switch in one rig, but now I made an extra rig with only wah.
    Still, it does not work.
    Has nobody else, the volume pedal setting above zero? How are you using it?

• i would make a backup and send to support, they will be able to sort this issue for sure

I dont think, this is a real issue... I really think, I am doing something wrong. There are so damn many people here, using wah and volume with one pedal, and I am the only one, who does not make it... ?!? There just be something wrong with me, not with the Kemper.
    How are you using the volume pedal? And the switch to wah function?

• maybe try to unlock volume? maybe that is what is the problem is... I dunno, I have never used volume to wah.

• No. I don't think you should. If you have set up the pedal as a volume in the system menu, and checked the volume to wah it will function as a wah when wah is present. If not, it's a volume pedal. Think of the pedal setting as a global setting, not rig based. Whatever you do in rigs doesn't affect the pedal setting per se...

• Ok... So it still seems, that this bug is bigger than I thought.

I will not contact support, as I already reported this some FW releases ago, but I was told, I am the only one using this function as I do... Thus, the importance is not rated to be very high and noone seems to really care.
    I was just wondering, that I am the only person using this, as this is such a basic and easy thing - at least I think so...
    That is why, I am wondering, how anyone else use this. This function is preent, but I am theonly one using it in this way? What makes my way so much different than the way from thousands of other happy people?

• No, it just means that you shouldn't lock the pedal as a volume. That might what you do differently than the other people. How can it function as a wah if you have it locked as a volume? :)

Either way, try it first and see if it helps. :)

• OK, great!
    I would be happy, if that helps!!
    But the function is wah to vol, not vol to wah. ;)

Will I have to setup a volume "stomp" in each rig than, where I need a volume pedal?