Wah To Vol - from the scratch!

• from the ref.manual:
    If you don’t use a volume pedal very often, press “Volume Pedal to Wah”. Now, when a Wah effect is active
    on the current rig, the wah pedal will act as expected, and a volume pedal function will not be available.
    However, in any rig without an active Wah effect, volume can now be controlled by the wah pedal

• ?!?
    In my manual it says WahToVol, as it does in my Kemper menus...
    I searched the manual for the text you posted and found nothing.
    I found on page 43:

If you don’t need a dedicated Volume Pedal, press “WahPedal to Vol.”. Now, when a Wah effect is active on the current Rig, the Wah Pedal will act as expected, and a Volume Pedal function will not be available. However, in any Rig without an active Wah effect, volume can now be controlled by the Wah Pedal. Even when a Wah effect is active, but has “Pedal Mode” set to “Off” or “Touch”, the Volume Pedal link will still be in operation.

I interpretae this as I have to configure my pedal as a wah pedal in the system. Not as a volume pedal.
    Now, I have wah, when wah is there. If no wah is there it should be volume, as it says "wah-> vol".
    I also dont think, that locking the volume has an effect here, as the volume pedal is a not a volume pedal but a wah per default. But I will check this anyway...

I am still wondering, why so many people can happily use this function... and how they are doing this.

• hmm..probably a misprint in the old manual 2.5 that I still have on my computer at work. I don't use this option myself but I hope someone that uses it can chime in here..I'll try it when I get home tonight

• I am not at the kpa at the moment, but I use one expressionpedal like you want to use. I have checked the box "wah to volume". In rigs with wah active it works as wah-pedal, in all others as volume pedal. You don't need a dedicated slot for volume.
    I would try to unlock the volume pedal, maybe this causes the issue.
    And if you can't get it to work, I would ask the kemper support, I think they will help you even if it is just a user error

• @CPHfx, I'm sitting with my Kemper , Remote and a Dunlop DVP3 pedal and set this up for the first time. I was previously using wah on all Performance slots; I've now set it up so that it defaults to volume when the wah is turned off. It works perfectly.
    What is it that you say you are doing that no one else is doing? Do you mean using the volume pedal as a boost to increase volume?

• I am still wondering, why so many people can happily use this function... and how they are doing this.

I simply have the "WhaPedal to Vol" checked and it works like as expected. If the Wha slot is active the pedal works like a Wha. With no Wha effect active it works like a Volume pedal... even on the same rig (I use the toe switch of a modified Cry Bayy to switch the Wha on and off and it works perfectly.)
    I don't have "Lock Vol.Pedal" checked...

• @CPHfx, I'm sitting with my Kemper , Remote and a Dunlop DVP3 pedal and set this up for the first time. I was previously using wah on all Performance slots; I've now set it up so that it defaults to volume when the wah is turned off. It works perfectly.
    What is it that you say you are doing that no one else is doing? Do you mean using the volume pedal as a boost to increase volume?

I dont know what I am doing differently. Maybe it is the use as a boost? Do you use it as a boost? I was trying to, yes.
    Have you "locked as wah-Pedal" checked?
    Maybe, that is the reason...

I simply have the "WhaPedal to Vol" checked and it works like as expected. If the Wha slot is active the pedal works like a Wha. With no Wha effect active it works like a Volume pedal... even on the same rig (I use the toe switch of a modified Cry Bayy to switch the Wha on and off and it works perfectly.)
    I don't have "Lock Vol.Pedal" checked...

Cool! Do you use the volume pedal with a positive (booster), or with negative volume setting (attenuator)?

• I dont know what I am doing differently. Maybe it is the use as a boost? Do you use it as a boost? I was trying to, yes.
    Have you "locked as wah-Pedal" checked?
    Maybe, that is the reason...

I'm not using the volume pedal as a boost, no, just in the conventional way, as an attenuator.
    and no, I don't have "locked as wah-pedal" checked.

• I also tried setting the range below zero - and than it works...
    Is this such a strange use, that noone ever tried before??
    Is this so strange, that the Team can tell me: I am using it in such a strange way, no one needs it and therefore they dont see any priority to fix that?
    What is so strange and seldom in using the boost function of the pedal?
    Do I still miss something? Im puzzled...

• It's not the way I have my boost set up but nevertheless, it doesn't seem that strange to me.
    However, I'm fairly certain that this is something you will be able to set up with relative ease with "morphing", when the new firmware is eventually released. :)

• I also tried setting the range below zero - and than it works...
    Is this such a strange use, that noone ever tried before??
    Is this so strange, that the Team can tell me: I am using it in such a strange way, no one needs it and therefore they dont see any priority to fix that?
    What is so strange and seldom in using the boost function of the pedal?
    Do I still miss something? Im puzzled...

I use the volume pedal as an attenuator and it works. If you noticed that with your booster settings it doesn't work it is definitely a bug and you should contact support... eventually one day it will be fixed :)

• Yes, they already now... since some FW releases already.

I thought, I lowered my requirement by not having the switching in the same rig. That is why I opened a new post. But it is obviously even too buggy for this simple use.

When I reported it first, they told me: "yes, we can reproduce it, it will be fixed, when the programmer has time". I guess, that means: "never".
    Now, they are busy with the morphing, than they will be busy with fixing bugs of the morphing or another old bugs, which was reportd by a more important person. After that, they will work on the delays, than fixing bugs with the delays, than they start working (hopefully) on an editor (its 2020 already), than fixing bugs with the editor, or bugs, which were reported by more important people than I am, and after that, they come up, with another fancy idea, wich for sure will be much more important than fixing a bug, that exists since day one...

I am still not sure, what makes my use of this simple function so unique, that noone else ever found that. But I learned, I cannot count on the team to fix an obvious, simple bug in a resonable time - Ok, I am just a hobbie player with 10 gigs a year. But I guess, it is just one or two lines in the code and - maybe - an additional "if" selection...
    In the meantime (till 2020+), I think I will have to rework my rigs and change to attenuation... Buying a second DVP3 is not an option.
    Still, i have to admit, I am really disappointed. These kind of threads pops up quite often and I dont inderstand, why hjschafler keeps telling people, that setting it up is so easy. Noone mentions this bug in these kind of threads. (Maybe they pops up so often, because I am NOT the only one using it in such a rare, strange, unique, seldom, ... way...)

I guess, one can read my frustration in this post. Sorry for that, I am not that kind of guy normally... I just know, that contacting support does not make sense, cause they know already - and dont care, until "they have time"....

• since you are mentioning my name here (its Scheffler btw)-you are so far still the only one who reported this. Setting up pedals for linking is actually really easy-not sure why you are accusing me of doing something wrong by saying so. I explained to you before that the wah2volume function does not work when you use the pedal as a boost pedal instead of a regular volume pedal and your request has been added to the list of things that our programmers will look at. If you do not want to wait for a solution from the programmers you can use a second pedal or make a copy of the rig that you want to boost and place it on the next slot in the performance and switch to it or use a wah pedal boost in one of the rigs and simply assign the pedal to be just a wah. I would also like to add that we do not categorise our customers into groups of different importance. We take every request and feedback seriously and consider it. Please believe me that the fact that your request does not have the highest priority has nothing to do with you being a hobby player with 10 gigs a year.