Noise reduction for Direct out function?

• Hi there, I've had a Kemper powerrack for the last 3 months now and am loving it to bits. So handy for studio and live use and I won't be getting rid of this anytime soon!

But my problem is that when I want to record a dry track along with my guitar tone it clips pretty bad (Using a Schecter Omen Extreme 7 with Black Winter pick ups). Now this obviously isn't the kemper's fault, but I'm just wondering if there is a possible option for me to reduce the output of my guitar's dry track so it won't clip when it reaches my interface? (A focusrite scarlet 2i4, gain knob set to 0)

Cheers lads!

• Is the output led on your kemper turning red when you play?

Lower the main output volume on the Kemper to around - 20db, and make sure that the input settings(clean sense in particular) are set for your pickups. Having gain at 0 on your scarlet is unusual, So something isn't right with your settings!

• I've tried plugging the guitar straight into the scarlett and it still clips so I don't believe it's the kemper itself, more just how loud the pick ups are. As for the gain, when it's set to 0 I can still get a good sound from it, with the exception of my Schecter which goes into the red when I start playing anything heavy.

I'll check it when I'm with the kemper next (It's in my band's practice room atm)

• Cheers Jack, thought that button was for phantom power!! I don't have it perfect yet for DI, but I'm a hell of a lot closer now!! Cheers gang!