Paul Gilbert joins the Kemper family

• Interesting that you say that about the Laney's. I always found mine (an LC30) to be quite brittle and bright but it was fantastic at taking FX, just sounded glorious and huge and warm once you added a touch of chorus and some delays in there (I was using a BOSS GX700 back then with it).

To be honest I was never a huge Laney-fan.Nevertheless nobody cant deny that these beasts cut through the loudest band like a steak knife through warm butter.. ;)

But for lead-stuff..this was never my favorite.The more I admire players who can really sound warm and nice with these amps.

• I am big fan of PG playing & skills. He is really talented in many ways. And judging by YT videos he is really great person too. :)
    But I am not a big fan of his sound. It always sounded a little bit harsh to me. To me it looks like he does care more of "what he plays" than "how it sounds". Most of us here on the forum are doing just the opposite, aren't we. :D
    Anyway, it's great to see another big-name to join the crowd and say good things about KPA. :thumbup:

• Paul Gilbert is such a cool guy. Every time I watch him play, and especially when I watch his amazing guitar tutorials, instructional videos, online videos, and/or clips from his numerous teaching clinics, etc...I can't help but be moved by his genuine passion and enthusiasm. It is downright infectious!

• I've been waiting for this. For some reason I anticipated that he'd like the unit if he got to try one. I honestly don't know where the feeling came from; just a fluke I s'pose.

That said, the fact that this has actually happened has made my week. As others have noted, it's obvious what a nice, enthusiastic, talented, passionate, musical, articulate, sensitive and funny character he is. Always loved what he does, and the fact that he loves Japan (Japanese wife too?) appeals greatly to me too as I love all things Japanese.

Now he loves his KPA too. I think I'd better book a room now... :D

• I guess Christoph Kemper must be proud of his amp having these names in his client portfolio...the competition, axe fx2, is mainly used as an fx module rather than a sound/timbre source...at least this is what I have read and seen around

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• <p>

I guess Christoph Kemper must be proud of his amp having these names in his client portfolio...the competition, axe fx2, is mainly used as an fx module rather than a sound/timbre source...at least this is what I have read and seen around

</p>

<p>+1 Michael</p>

<p>Steve Vai and John Petrucci are the best examples. They use their Carvins and Boogies and the Axe is only another 19&quot; rack equipment between many others that they use.</p>

<p>Hope i can see Paul playing the kpa in a live situation.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Cheers from a big PG fan</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Frank</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

• Great to hear! Just did a Youtube Research on his latest work when I found this post. Fantastic player, nice guy :thumbup:

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Nice to see such a pro using a Kemper. May be we meet him in this forum asking why the monitor
    cab has no sound and we guide him trough the output menu ;) But i'm shure, he will be anynomus.
    So Mr. Gilbert: If you join the forum, you are very welcome and please share your selfmade profiles please! (So do we;-)

• Nice to see such a pro using a Kemper. May be we meet him in this forum asking why the monitor
    cab has no sound and we guide him trough the output menu ;) But i'm shure, he will be anynomus.
    So Mr. Gilbert: If you join the forum, you are very welcome and please share your selfmade profiles please! (So do we;-)

I think he is not kind of anonymous person. He is very human friendly persona. Back in 2009 I think I just dropped him an e-mail (he himself was maintaining his website) and he replied. He as Paul. And we had a small discussion and so on. This was nice experience.

I guess Christoph Kemper must be proud of his amp having these names in his client portfolio...the competition, axe fx2, is mainly used as an fx module rather than a sound/timbre source...at least this is what I have read and seen around

I guess in the future it might end up in a combination of latest modelers/profilers(KPA/AxeFX) for diverse sounds,FX and profiles while the guys who can afford it(like all major-acts with their roadies and still rather big "infrastructure") will also "bring in" one-two tube amps & cabinets for "their good ol´ sound" they have been used too since they found "their sound" they dont like to miss ever again.Who here in this forum is not missing the "roaring tube amp feeling" and the sound of real cabinets from time to time;

In my opinion one (KPA) does not exclude the other (tube amp/cabinets)..

• I agree, nightlight, but you know, the cynic in me says that he / she will then claim that Paul's half-deaf now and ask, "What would he know anyway?". I've seen it before, as I'm sure you have too.

Bottom line for me these days is that if someone doesn't know class when it falls on his head, there's not a whole lot I can do about it! :D

+1 for the vids Nicky

I think we call him not Gilbo. I think Gil-bro' is right since he joins the kpa family ;)

Of course, in Australia he'd be "Gilbo", but you're right - here on the forum he'd be Gilbro'!

That's why I've been calling SamBrox SamBro' since day dot, by the way. I like it 'cause the apostrophe signifies the dropping of the letter "x", and the resulting word conveys the brotherly love I have for him and all my fellow Kemperites.