Paul Gilbert joins the Kemper family

• "I was curious if the #KemperProfiler
    could really capture the sound and feel of my favorite tube amps. My
    first "profile" took just a few minutes to set up. When I compared the
    tone of my 'real' amp to the Kemper profile, I couldn't tell the
    difference. Mind blowing! I've been profiling my whole amp collection
    since then!“ - Paul Gilbert!!!

[Blocked Image: https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/s960x960/12823419_1290181367664850_3701290712633239632_o.jpg]

• Paul has great taste. ;)
    I've always enjoyed his playing....he has a great sense of humor which comes through his guitar playing.

His set during the 2007 G3 tour (Satriani, Petrucci) was the highlight of all 3.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• That's really cool. One of the best guitarists in the world he's of the very select group of shredders with pop sensibilities and a truly melodic ear. Somehow he also always comes off as one of the most enthusiastic and likable guys in music. I always wondered what would happen if he and Dave Grohl were to get together...

• Now that's an endorsement :) Got his PGM301, wonder if his profiles will be available. I know he was using Laney GH50L, but not much profiles on RE. Just 2 profiles I think. Among 7200..

Agreed, that he is nice person. I attended guitar workshops once before his live concert. He felt like good buddy. And great sense of humor.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• Welcome Paul if you ever read us !!!

If interested in an endorsement with Valve theory profiling, I'm OK you'll get all my stuff for free ;)

anyway I'm still watching that killer vid from time to time : it sounds very Yngwie to me , but I love this song ( and I have no love for shredding actually)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• At the time I started research about Paul, I jumped onto this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

By the way I preferred his RG-ish Ibanezes to reversed Icemans.

• Paul was a monster player at 17, which is crazy. But he has such an incredible pop ear. Most of his pop/rock songs are so great and creative with a touch of humor with them. Plus he is a super nice guy and no ego at all.

• Paul was a monster player at 17, which is crazy. But he has such an incredible pop ear. Most of his pop/rock songs are so great and creative with a touch of humor with them. Plus he is a super nice guy and no ego at all.

Agreed, he is one of the gentlest, humble souls in the business. He is a monster player who also has a tremendous gift in teaching the art of guitar -- a true ambassador.

• Ugh..these Laney-combos are some difficult EL34 bi&%$es to shred that clean as Gilbert does.I bet he could do the same on some more or less clean Fender Twin..unreal..

Yes.His hands/fingers are "made to shred" (though he worked also and most of all his ass off during his Mike Varney time) and I really also always dig the songs he wrote with Martin when he was with Mr.Big.Great guy,humble person,loves music more than anything else and from what I know he is always ready to show his "tricks" to any kid which is passing his way.Just a great musician.One of the few Mike Varney shredders who dig later in his career deep "into the blues".

Nice to see he is go now the "way of the Kemper".I would not wonder if he gives his profiles for free.Even when he does not..nice to have him "onboard".

• Ugh..these Laney-combos are some difficult EL34 bi&%$es to shred that clean as Gilbert does.I bet he could do the same on some more or less clean Fender Twin..unreal.

Interesting that you say that about the Laney's. I always found mine (an LC30) to be quite brittle and bright but it was fantastic at taking FX, just sounded glorious and huge and warm once you added a touch of chorus and some delays in there (I was using a BOSS GX700 back then with it).