A weird issue with the exp pedal

• First time this ever happens!

I switched the Profiler on today and started working. Then I realized that the volume pedal did not respond at all. Connections seemed to be ok.

Went to the related System page, the calibration meter responded to the pedal swinging. Type 1, function Volume. But no volume swelling.

Started tweaking and checking. Set the function to wah... and here comes the volume function back 8|

I did not touch anything after my last session, where everything was working as expected.
    Of course the rig has got no wah, not even a deactivated one.

As a side note, the position at which I leave the pedal when in Wah mode (where it's working as a volume) defines and sets the volume when I switch to Volume mode: if there's no volume, the rig will stay muted and the other way around.

• I had something like that about a little more than a year ago. Volume pedal suddenly did't work (after starting the kemper). That was before the remote so the pedal was hooked to the kemper directly. I thought I had connected it wrongly which turned out not to be true. I restarted kemper and all was well again. Never happened again since then so I (almost) forgot about it. I do remember though that I checked that the calibration meter responded to moving the pedal.

• Maybe the box "wah to volume" is checked? This is in an other page in the system menu. That would explain why the volume works when the pedal is set to wah...

That parameter works so that, when a wah is not present or disengaged in a rig, the exp pedal defaults to volume, it's not meant to abruptly swap the two functions!

• That parameter works so that, when a wah is not present or disengaged in a rig, the exp pedal defaults to volume, it's not meant to abruptly swap the two functions!

Thats true I know that (and I use it like that), but when I remember it correct I had a problem with the volume when I had the pedal type set to volume and the function wah to volume activated... but maybe I am completely wrong. I am not at the kpa at the moment so I can't check it. I just wanted to help.

• So now I tried it at home with the kemper: if in system menu page 7 (or 8,9,10) the pedal function is set to volume and on page 14 the box wahpedal to volume is checked, the pedal does not work as volume-pedal. When I uncheck the box, it works as volume-pedal.
    When I change the function to wah, it works as expected: when the rig has an active wah it works as wah, when there is no wah active, it works as volume pedal.
    I don't know if this causes your problem, but the symptoms are the same.
    But it does not explain, why this suddenly happened without having changed anything.

edit: just saw that you answered the same time: did you check your settings again?

• Yep, Wah To Vol is indeed checked, as usual.

According to the manual,

If you don’t need a dedicated Volume Pedal, press “WahPedal to Vol.”. Now, when a Wah effect is active on the current Rig, the Wah Pedal will act as expected, and a Volume Pedal function will not be available. However, in any Rig without an active Wah effect, volume can now be controlled by the Wah Pedal. Even when a Wah effect is
    active, but has “Pedal Mode” set to “Off” or “Touch”, the Volume Pedal link will still be in operation.

which has always been the case for me ?(:S

• Since a gig a couple of weeks ago, I've been having a problem with the volume pedal. I have my expression pedal in pedal 6 which is set to wah with the wah to volume checked. When the wah is in, the pedal works fine. When there's no wah, the pedal has no effect on the volume. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Everything was working great until the last FW update and things started to go a little screwy.