Rig Manager not working with PC with windows 10

• Hi Pete,Try this bro and see if it helps you out:Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

Enter run programs in the search box.

Tap or click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows, and then tap or click Next.

Select the program you want to fix.
    – Or –
    If you don't see the program in the list, select Not Listed.

Tap or click Next, and then follow the instructions in the troubleshooter.

TipYou can also run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter from your desktop. Press and hold or right-click the program's icon or shortcut on your desktop, and then tap or click Troubleshoot compatibility.

The Program Compatibility Troubleshooter can fix problems that can't be detected or fixed by the Program Compatibility Assistant.

• I wish I could tell you exactly what's causing your RM issue.

My issues with RM have been post an uninstall and reinstall. In my instances there were registry entries which were not uninstalled and therefore database errors occurred. Rig Manager would not boot.

I am very reticent to send someone into opening their registry. I do not suggest it unless one knows EXACTLY what they are doing. It's not a certainty that the concern you have is registry related. I run Windows 10 64 bit and have had uninstall / reinstall issues.

It was resolved every time I ran Revo uninstall and allowed Revo to show leftover files. When those files were removed the issue was gone. Reinstall resulted in a running Rig Manager after all install info was input.

Give Kemper Support a shot at working with your issue. I don't recommend anyone get into their registry when they are not EXPERTS.

I don't recommend running uninstall programs unless you know what should and should not be removed.

I highly suggest contacting Kemper support and see what they can advise.

Some uninstaller programs can show registry enties which remain and they can be deleted.

When I have used such programs RM has always been up and running once reinstalled.

• Pete,

Just a thought but I wonder if your antivirus program is blocking Rig Manager somehow?

Might be worth seeing if you can disable it for a few minutes and see if RM starts up? If so you could add RM to the 'safe list' of the AV program etc.

Don't forget to re-enable it afterwards....!

• Second time trying to post .
    Right Click on the .exe or the shortcut for the problem program.
    Select properties
    Select the Compatibility tab.
    Pick the OS you would like your program to on.
    In your case it was Windows 7 ?
    Click apply .
    Ok
    Try running the program now!
    You should be a happy Kamper!

• .It still "power cycles" any help in resooving this issue would be great! Thanks

Sorry for you when you can not use the RM.
    How do you close the program and is there a message when you close?
    How long you did you watch the "power Cycle".
    My new Kemper was full with rigs (factory set) and at first first I was tweaking and testing some with the Kemper before I installed the RM on win 7 ultimate.
    The first run of the program was for me also a matter nearly of losing the patience.
    It tooks a long time till the synchronization was finished.
    I remember I stopped the start 2 times because I believed the programm is not working.
    The 3rd time I left the computer and took a stroll with my dog.
    After one hour I came home and the RM was running. So I do not really know how long it was.

I installed the RM also on a Win 8.1 Tablet and here the first run was quit quicker.
    The difference was, that in the meantime I stored the factory Rigs to the RM of my desk top and the Kemper almost was empty.
    My guess is that the first syncronisation takes much time and maybe there was a Rigs with failure (Could also be done by me with my first trials).

The update to Win 10 was no problem with RM for both computers.
    I do not force the RM to run in a compatibility mode.

• Try following:
    Turn off Firewall and Antivirus for the moment.
    Deinstall Rigmanager.
    Install Rigmanager with Admin-Rights.
    Start Rigmanager as Admin (Right-Klick Rigmanager and choose "run as Admin").
    Does it work now?

• My pc recently updated to windows 10 from windows 7. When i tried to run RIG MANAGER in Windows 10, all it would do is "power cycle" and circle around.. I uninstalled RIG MANAGER and re-installed it, and yet again..It still "power cycles" any help in resooving this issue would be great! Thanks

Sorry for trivial advice, but when you try to run Rig Manager, isn't it already running in memory (although you may have it closed previously)?
    Run task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or type "taskmgr" in run window) and check for RigManager.exe - if it's running right click on it and "End process"

• Sorry for trivial advice, but when you try to run Rig Manager, isn't it already running in memory (although you may have it closed previously)?
    Run task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or type "taskmgr" in run window) and check for RigManager.exe - if it's running right click on it and "End process"

It happened to me with Firefox... the program I had closed refused to start. It appeared there was an instance of the exe module still in the RAM.
    Apparently, it was a flaw in FF, following versions of the app fixed the issue with the same OS (Win7 SP3).

• Hi there,
    I need a bit of advice. Installing RM 1.5.33 in Windows 10 was no problem at all. Windows 10 is blocking RM 1.5.40 and denies any installation. That sure is strange.
    Somebody help me please. I don't want to install FW 4.0 before I got a running up to date RM.

Joachim

• Thank you Viabcroce,

yes I did. Obviously the last automatically downloaded update of Windows 10 went wrong. After fixing this issue everything runs smoothly as ever with the KPA.

Sincerely

Joachim