Sold Toaster, leaving..

• Hi All,Wanna say thanks to all, sold my camper two days ago.. (and already the blokt my account to post in the private section, so doing it here.. :rolleyes: ) .Loved my Kemper but in live situations its just not doing it for me.. don't know why or what.. tried it for two years .. im still not able to cut true the mix as with a normal tube amp, like there's something missing ....so made a (difficult) decision and sold the Kemper..As my account is already blokt this will be my last post. So take care, it's a real nice forum! :thumbup: and the Kemper is good gear!

"We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are"

Edited once, last by nixxo13 ().

• Yes Ingolf, even bought a Roland JC 40 Jazz chorus.. best stereo clean amp out there.. Better... Have to say..when use it with a big PA or on recordings great sound but when i use in with my band(s) mostly smaller occasions, pubs etc.. hard to hear it in the mix.. as a result putting the volume up, wich results in a big wall of (muddy) sound... Maybe completely my own misuse of the Kemper because most here on the forum don't have that problem..probably spend too much time with tube amps and too hard for me to make the switch.. Will keep monitoring the forum and maybe in the future with new firmware releases it will change. Love the concept, small, many sounds and easy to use!

we see things as we are"

• I don't know, nixxo... a JC120? Really?

IMHO, it's going to colour the sound as it already has a (clean, as you said) tone of its own. So, if you had the cab sim turned off when feeding the Roland, you'd have had Roland's cab only - not ideal IMHO.

If you did feed it with the cab sim on, the Roland's sound would still have been imprinted on everything. Not ideal either, IMHO.

If you didn't try a favourite stand-alone cab such as a 4x12 box (cab sim off) or a FRFR enclosure (cab sim on), you've completely missed out on the goodness that the Kemper has to offer you live... IMHO.

Could this be what's happened?

Either way, I'm sad to see anyone leave, especially 'cause he /she feels the Kemper couldn't cut it, 'cause it most certainly can and does. All the best mate, and hope to see you back soon!

• beside the roland also have two DXR10... same problem.. know the JC40 is coloring the sound.. but thats also the case for the 4x12 cabinets.. for example v30 or greenback very coloring the sound also.. . tried the jc40 with a DXR10..
    but this is a discussion is about taste of sound.. not the quality of the toaster.. happely whe all have different taste! IMHO..

we see things as we are"

• Yes Ingolf, even bought a Roland JC 40 Jazz chorus.. best stereo clean amp out there.. Better... Have to say..when use it with a big PA or on recordings great sound but when i use in with my band(s) mostly smaller occasions, pubs etc.. hard to hear it in the mix.. as a result putting the volume up, wich results in a big wall of (muddy) sound... Maybe completely my own misuse of the Kemper because most here on the forum don't have that problem..probably spend too much time with tube amps and too hard for me to make the switch.. Will keep monitoring the forum and maybe in the future with new firmware releases it will change. Love the concept, small, many sounds and easy to use!

Believe me, I'm really with you. I've been quarreling for 3 years now to "tame the beast" for live-use in the blues-genre (mostly smaller venues ). I didn't sell my analog-Equipment, just for a possible fall-back-decision. But I'm still convinced, I will succeed at last. For me it's a challenge. So I'm quite sure, we will see you again latest in a few years because this concept of guitar-amplification will take hold, at least with the help of us nerds.

• Yup. Too many nuts and not enough bananas.

In case you missed it somehow and fluked the "overdose" reference, and for any who might've missed it (let's see... I think that covers everyone):

Sorry to see you go. But like many others you just may be back

Yeah, like Arnie. :D

There. Now we can all get some sleep.

• Believe me, I'm really with you. I've been quarreling for 3 years now to "tame the beast" for live-use in the blues-genre (mostly smaller venues ). I didn't sell my analog-Equipment, just for a possible fall-back-decision. But I'm still convinced, I will succeed at last. For me it's a challenge. So I'm quite sure, we will see you again latest in a few years because this concept of guitar-amplification will take hold, at least with the help of us nerds.

Yep..I still think that playing the blues with a one-channel-amp is the only thing that can "work".It is just the amp,your volume-poti and your fingers.

I have a few profiles on my KPA which can do that.Than again I have also the feeling that it "is not 100%" because looking behind me to the "amp" I see digital LEDs..maybe this is the main "problem" for any blues-player;

• Guys,
    if you want to say good-bye that's fine of course, but this is not the place for banter and off-topic discussion.
    Although I must admit I'm not entirely sure what 'on-topic' discussion on a thread like this actually would be.
    These 'I'm leaving' threads are more for the OP, than for the forum members, in my experience.

• I still have new and exciting experiences with my Kemper.

Happier with it than any anything I could think of. I suppose I just like too many great amps to settle with one or two.

I believe folk want what they hear in their head to match what is in coming from their rig. When it doesn't match there will be inner conflicts.

I have no issue when folks swap rigs and try different things. Believe me, I get it. I started playing in a very long time and have travelled down numerous paths when it comes to gear.

The Kemper has proven to be perfect for me. Yes, the right profiles for an individual WILL matter... and I am always on the lookout. Keep finding them and keep smiling. The correct profile for a player matters just as much as the correct amp for a player matters. Chasing physical amps is a far more costly process than collecting great profiles is.

I wish anyone's musical choices to be toward the desired results.

There is some deep tweaks available and associating them with dialing in your tone can take some learning curve time, however, the right tweaks once learned become as intuitive as the controls on an amp that's familiar.. On the KPA there in the same location every time.

As we are all looking to hear different things is usually comes down to choices.

I could offer suggestions about changes that will make being heard in an ensemble setting more possible, but choices of what gear to use is not necessarily a learning thing, but a personal thing. Each ensemble is different and personalities come into play.

• a LED, just like any other diode, is an analog part ;)

LOL!

Guys,
    if you want to say good-bye that's fine of course, but this is not the place for banter and off-topic discussion.
    Although I must admit I'm not entirely sure what 'on-topic' discussion on a thread like this actually would be.
    These 'I'm leaving' threads are more for the OP, than for the forum members, in my experience.

Ah... but the thing is, Don, that if the OP gives reasons for leaving and we feel there may be holes in his logic that can be explored, we'll inform him of them.

This, in addition to the fact that we're a "family", means that in cases such as this one at least, responses are bound to involve discussions of this sort: Some solid troubleshooting exchanges, some "how much I love my Kemper" waxing and yes, some out-there, attempted-humour contributions such as my pathetic "Arnie" reference.